Jury rig digital TV antenna

.....new Toshiba 40" LCD TV, but the antenna installer is not due for
another week.....

What's a Q&D lash up for an antenna?

I've got a couple of croc leads hooked to some jumper wire without any luck.

Thanks for any suggestions (nice or otherwise...)

Re: Jury rig digital TV antenna

Easiest would be to buy an antenna plus mounting stuff from Bunnings and put
it up yourself, it's not rocket science. The question then is what's the
added value in the installer. If he does the job right he'll attend properly
to grounding, but my guess is that that isn't always done.

If you really want to bash something together yourself for fun, then there's
plenty of info on building antennas on the web, but you may find it a
surprisingly fiddly exercise.

Re: Jury rig digital TV antenna

Cheers Bruce - $130 from Bunnings for Antenna/cable/bargeboard
mount/connector plate. Installed & works well. Probably as good as the what
I would have received for the $200 I expected to pay an installer.

The bargeboard mount is a bit crappy - it needs some guy wires, that can be
a job for tomorrow when I work out how to run them in under the roof
tiles....

Thanks for the suggestion.

Re: Jury rig digital TV antenna

If it's going to be permanent, attend to the grounding. It's a safety issue.

Re: Jury rig digital TV antenna
Having not followed the thread I have to ask what do you wish to ground ?

--

Re: Jury rig digital TV antenna

Half wave dipole for approx 200 MHz - ie 2 wires 38cm a side on a bit of
wood - connected to coax feedline.

Re: Jury rig digital TV antenna

Thanks - I'll try that next time - I went the bunnings route.

Re: Jury rig digital TV antenna
about 1/2 metre then bare and twist the end
A simple way is strip back some figure 8 about a metre
  bare and twist one end then tape it to the wall or a support in a
diamond or square  fitting a plug to the other end and the twin will act
as a feeder the loop as a quad  ,  usually works although may need some
orientation side on

--

Site Timeline