Jetstar unveils thin client, BYO laptop vision

Thin clients are so called because they are physically thin? ROFL

Are you injecting some weird humour or do you really believe that?

Reply to
keithr

Kwyjibo wrote: [SNIP]

I must have been hallucinating about all those Labtam X terminals I worked on back in the 1980s - M68K- and then i860- and i960- based.

There's no way that Kwyj could be wrong about anything, could there? (Maybe it's started channelling Rod Speed these days - who could believe that someone *else* could be so wrong at such length!)

Cheers, Gary B-)

Reply to
Gary R. Schmidt

'Speed' is an amateur compared to this idiot:

Abbey Somebody AnimalMagic Archimedes' Lever AwlSome Auger Bart!

BigBalls Bungalow Bill Capt. Cave Man ChairmanOfTheBored Chieftain of the Carpet Crawlers

DarkMatter Corbomite Carrie DarkSucker Do I really need to say? Dorothy with the Red Shoes on

Dr. Heywood R. Floyd FatBytestard FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor FunkyPunk FieldEffectTrollsistor GoldIntermetallicEmbrittlement

Hattori Hanzo Herbert John \\Jackie\\" Gleason" HiggsField IAmTheSlime ItsASecretDummy

Kai LargeMarge life imitates life MadManMoon MakeNoAttemptToAdjustYourSet

snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

Mr.Eko Mr. Haney Mycelium Neanderthal

Phat Bytestard RoyLFuchs scorpius

SkyPilot SomeKindOfWonderful

Son of a Sea Cook SoothSayer Spurious Response StickThatInYourPipeAndSmokeIt Sum Ting Wong

Sum Ting Wong

SuspendedInGaffa The Great Attractor

TheGlimmerMan TheJoker

TheKraken The Last Mimsy TheQuickBrownFox snipped-for-privacy@thebarattheendoftheuniverse.org

UltimatePatriot

UpGrade ValleyGirl VioletaPachydermata WallyWallWhackr

plus other sock puppets.

Michael A. Terrell

Care to point out where I said any such thing, stupid?

Try learning about a little thing called 'context'. The discussion was about single purpose, thin client devices - Not workstations or full blown computers being used as this clients.

--
Kwyj.
Reply to

Only an extremely poorly managed corporate environment would have regular users with permissions to install 'new applications of their choosing', regardless of the use of thin/fat clients.

--
Registered Linux User #478766
Andy

No, 'we' weren't talking about single purpose (only) and certainly not about physically thin clients, and neither were *you* (If you think otherwise then cite.)! So please don't dream up stuff as you go along.

It was HP. Sun OS was a micro-kernel which ran HP's UNIX implementation (HP-UX) on the HP 9000 Series 500. (It also ran another OS.)

Reply to
Frank Slootweg

Here's the first message in this thread that you replied to, you useless bullshit artist.

"Wyse? I thought that they were dead years ago, Fujitsu bought them. Maybe someone has done a Lazarus on the name. The thin clients look like we are heading back into the days of green screen terminals, just with some fancy graphics built in."

What did Wyse make their name manufacturing? Workstations? Moron.

Stop trying to rewrite history then, d*****ad.

--
Kwyj.
Reply to

[Non-response noted.]

Nope! That was *part* of the message, not all of it (Free clue: "[...]".). *And* I responded to *another* part. *And* I responded *in context*. You might want to try that sometime!

So now you've added 'convenient' silent snipping to ad Hominem attacks. What's next?

Strawman.

Don't you hate those damned reflecting display screen!?

PKB. QED. HTH. HAND. EOD. NK.

Reply to
Frank Slootweg