Jet engine Igniter box repair

I need to fix an igniter box, I suspect it might be the high voltage
rectifier, what modern equivelent could I use for the rectifier diodes?
The box is a rotax type NB 25/3, 24 volts in, 2kv out, 12 joules.
It's a simple circuit comprising of a trembler mechanism, induction coil,
rectifier, choke, reservoir cap, discharge gap.
When I apply 24v, the trembler buzzes as normal but no high voltage. Any
ideas?

Re: Jet engine Igniter box repair

:I need to fix an igniter box, I suspect it might be the
high voltage
: rectifier, what modern equivelent could I use for the
rectifier diodes?
: The box is a rotax type NB 25/3, 24 volts in, 2kv out, 12
joules.
: It's a simple circuit comprising of a trembler mechanism,
induction coil,
: rectifier, choke, reservoir cap, discharge gap.
: When I apply 24v, the trembler buzzes as normal but no
high voltage. Any
: ideas?
:

Try this http://tinyurl.com/2ukndk

TT :-))

Re: Jet engine Igniter box repair

Try a rectifier out of a microwave oven....

Site Timeline