Jaycars latest Multimeters

Check this out:
http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=QM1547
I love the blub:
"The unit also has provision to be powered by 2 x CR2032 batteries for those
days when kinetic energy is not available."
LMAO!

Oh, and you gotta love the solar powered model:
http://jaycar.com.au/productView.asp?ID=QM1546

Dave.
Re: Jaycars latest Multimeters

I have a 20odd year old Fluke 77 and I think I have replaced the battery
(9volt) once or twice in that time.
Why would you need any more energy than that, kinetic or not?

John G.

Re: Jaycars latest Multimeters

"John G."
 "David L. Jerkoff"

 **  Bloody obvious to anyone

-   the product blurb is a total wind-up.

...   Phil

Re: Jaycars latest Multimeters

Gees, Phil, you've found you sense of humour. :-)

Re: Jaycars latest Multimeters

I wonder what kind of battery the solar powered rechargable uses.

All the rechargable batteries I've ever had have died sooner than a
typical primary cell battery would have in this application.

Sylvia.

Re: Jaycars latest Multimeters

Bingo, it's a useless concept.
Good auto power off and long battery life in a meter is not rocket science.

Dave.
Re: Jaycars latest Multimeters

Unless its a marketing / gimick ploy. But I'm sure Jaycar wouldn't venture
into that arena.

Re: Jaycars latest Multimeters

Almost all cheapo "solar-powered" calculators in fact have "dummy"
solar cells that are not even wired to the circuit. They just use the
batteries all the time.

There was a flurry of fake "shake lights" that were actually not