Jaycar wind generator

I've been thinking about putting a small renewable energy system in my home,
for experimental purposes. Examining Jaycar's wind generator (P# KJ-6696) I
cam across this little gem of copyrighting:

"....It also features an on-board 330uF capacitor so you can store some of
the energy for later use...."

330uF? Sheesh! Should almost enough to power a digital watch for a few days.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Jaycar wind generator

home,
Jaycar has gone down the path of wind for quite some time, usually with
products just generating the noise.

Mike

Re: Jaycar wind generator

I heard that many of the sales staff at DSE are full of nothing but hot air
these days -- surely thre must be a way to harness that?

KJ-6696)

Re: Jaycar wind generator
Mostly farting noise....

Re: Jaycar wind generator

The word you meant to write is copy-writing.

You actually mean technical writing.

A copy-writer  writes the advert or book based on  the technical and design
input.

The sentence is actually technical writing, the copy writer just copied it.

Its a   joke.

Maybe the technical writers decided the joke was to test the copy-writers...

Re: Jaycar wind generator with Super Caps

It must be the new SUPER caps..!!
Power a whole house on a 330 µf Cap...

:>
Allan

Re: Jaycar wind generator with Super Caps

finger to keyboard and composed:

Energy stored by capacitor is given by:

 E = 1/2 * C * V^2

If this capacitor is to supply 1kW for 1 hour, then:

 1000 * 3600 = 0.5 * 330 * 10^-6 * V*V

So   V = sqrt( 10^6 * 1000 * 3600 * 2 / 330 )
       = 150kV

A 1F supercap would require a voltage of 2.7kV.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Jaycar wind generator with Super Caps

If you want to power your house for an hour from a cap, the cap is likely to
be bigger than the house!

some

Re: Jaycar wind generator with Super Caps

Hmm!!

so a 1F cap charged to 0.75V will supply 100W motor for 1 second?

hmm, doesn't look correct

btw
I'm thinking of a regenerative braking system for a electric scooter.

Re: Jaycar wind generator

home,
days.

You might want to look at the 200 and 400W units from Oatley

 http://www.oatleyelectronics.com /

You may need to supply your own 330uF capacitor

Cheers,
Alf

Re: Jaycar wind generator

**Yep. They're already on the short list.

**LOL!

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au