Jaycar wind generator

I've been thinking about putting a small renewable energy system in my home, for experimental purposes. Examining Jaycar's wind generator (P# KJ-6696) I cam across this little gem of copyrighting:

"....It also features an on-board 330uF capacitor so you can store some of the energy for later use...."

330uF? Sheesh! Should almost enough to power a digital watch for a few days.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

home,

Jaycar has gone down the path of wind for quite some time, usually with products just generating the noise.

Mike

Reply to
mikegw

I heard that many of the sales staff at DSE are full of nothing but hot air these days -- surely thre must be a way to harness that?

KJ-6696)

Reply to
Craig Hart

Mostly farting noise....

Reply to
Tom

The word you meant to write is copy-writing.

You actually mean technical writing.

A copy-writer writes the advert or book based on the technical and design input.

The sentence is actually technical writing, the copy writer just copied it.

Its a joke.

Maybe the technical writers decided the joke was to test the copy-writers...

Reply to
Brad Hogan

home,

days.

You might want to look at the 200 and 400W units from Oatley

You may need to supply your own 330uF capacitor

Cheers, Alf

Reply to
Unbeliever

It must be the new SUPER caps..!! Power a whole house on a 330 µf Cap...

:>

Allan

Reply to
Allan

**Yep. They're already on the short list.

**LOL!
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

On Wed, 18 May 2005 07:44:57 +1000, "Allan" put finger to keyboard and composed:

Energy stored by capacitor is given by:

E = 1/2 * C * V^2

If this capacitor is to supply 1kW for 1 hour, then:

1000 * 3600 = 0.5 * 330 * 10^-6 * V*V

So V = sqrt( 10^6 * 1000 * 3600 * 2 / 330 ) = 150kV

A 1F supercap would require a voltage of 2.7kV.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

If you want to power your house for an hour from a cap, the cap is likely to be bigger than the house!

some

Reply to
Mike C

Hmm!!

so a 1F cap charged to 0.75V will supply 100W motor for 1 second?

hmm, doesn't look correct

btw I'm thinking of a regenerative braking system for a electric scooter.

Reply to
Ed -|-