Jaycar (Velleman) K8055 USB experiment interface board

Decided it was about time I explored the wonders of USB interface (especially in the light of my latest lappy having no RS232 port..shock horror) so bought this little demonstrator board from Jaycar. A couple of ADCs, DACs, 8 digital ins and outs. All you could wish for - and a library of routines you can call up from your own Delphi program to do the business. The problem was that my rather elderly Delphi 3 wouldn't even compile the (proven working) demonstrator program. Not wanting to blow a grand and a half on the very latest Delphi, does anyone know the oldest version it will run on. (Please don't refer me to the C option, C and I don't C I to I) cheers M

Reply to
moby

I thought you could download the lastest Delphi for free from Borland's website.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

Borland used to have Delphi personal versions on their website, I remember seeing recently (last few months) Delphi 8 Personal on a cover CD of one of computer magazines.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

If they have given you the source, not .dcu files, you can make it work in D3. I'm guessing a DLL is provided for communicating with the USB device. The demo program is probably not very complicated. Presumably the compiler stops at a number of lines with error messages. You can beat it one message at a time, especially with help from a forum like :

borland.public.delphi.nativeapi.win32 .

Borland have their own news server at newsgroups.borland.com .

D3 is still very good and we still release some D3 commercial code - with no limitations on hooking to DLLs or the operating system.

Roger Lascelles

Reply to
Roger Lascelles