Jaycar (Velleman) K8055 USB experiment interface board

Decided it was about time I explored the wonders of USB interface
(especially in the light of my latest lappy having no RS232 port..shock
horror) so bought this little demonstrator board from Jaycar. A couple
of ADCs, DACs, 8 digital ins and outs. All you could wish for - and a
library of routines you can call up from your own Delphi program to do
the business. The problem was that my rather elderly Delphi 3 wouldn't
even compile the (proven working) demonstrator program. Not wanting to
blow a grand and a half on the very latest Delphi, does anyone know the
oldest version it will run on. (Please don't refer me to the C option,
C and I don't C I to I)
cheers

Re: Jaycar (Velleman) K8055 USB experiment interface board

I thought you could download the lastest Delphi for free from Borland's
website.

Re: Jaycar (Velleman) K8055 USB experiment interface board

Borland used to have Delphi personal versions on their website, I
remember seeing recently (last few months) Delphi 8 Personal on a cover
CD of one of computer magazines.

Tom

Re: Jaycar (Velleman) K8055 USB experiment interface board

If they have given you the source, not .dcu files, you can make it work in
D3. I'm guessing a DLL is provided for communicating with the USB device.
The demo program is probably not very complicated.  Presumably the compiler
stops at a number of lines with error messages.  You can beat it one message
at a time, especially with help from a forum like :

borland.public.delphi.nativeapi.win32 .

Borland have their own news server at newsgroups.borland.com  .

D3 is still very good and we still release some D3 commercial code - with no
limitations on hooking to DLLs or the operating system.

Roger Lascelles

Site Timeline