Jaycar ultrasonic transducer.

Greetings group.
Does anyone have a schematic that uses the AU-5550 Ultrasonic
Transducer
in the Jaycar catalog.

It is a combination  transmitter/receiver with only 2 terminals.
Full power requires upto 140v.

The range I need is around 3 meters.

Thanks,
Russell Griffiths.

Re: Jaycar ultrasonic transducer.

Hi Russell,
I don't have a schematic but have experimented with it a bit.
I found it is a lot less sensitive as a receiver than the open
receivers I have used.  The other problem I had was with ringing after
the transmit pulse, this meant that I wouldn't have been able to detect
the echo for quite some time after the transmit ping, limiting the
minimum distance I could detect to greater than about 30cm.
Regards,
Dean.

Re: Jaycar ultrasonic transducer.

Hi Dean.
The range I need is 1/2m to 3m. I am beginning to think that I will use
one of these
transducers to transmit and another to receive.

My power supply is 12vdc. My idea is to use 4 transistors in a H-Pack
arrangement as used in the siren driver (S.C. 10/90), to increase the
power to the transmitter.
I hope it will work at 40kHz.

The receiver may use a circuit based on the proximity detector in S.C.
01/89.

I need to use a weatherproof type because I am planning to measure the
height of water.

Bye,
Russell.

Site Timeline