Jaycar ultrasonic transducer.

Greetings group. Does anyone have a schematic that uses the AU-5550 Ultrasonic Transducer in the Jaycar catalog.

It is a combination transmitter/receiver with only 2 terminals. Full power requires upto 140v.

The range I need is around 3 meters.

Thanks, Russell Griffiths.

Reply to
rg26ce1991

Hi Russell, I don't have a schematic but have experimented with it a bit. I found it is a lot less sensitive as a receiver than the open receivers I have used. The other problem I had was with ringing after the transmit pulse, this meant that I wouldn't have been able to detect the echo for quite some time after the transmit ping, limiting the minimum distance I could detect to greater than about 30cm. Regards, Dean.

Reply to
dean

Hi Dean. The range I need is 1/2m to 3m. I am beginning to think that I will use one of these transducers to transmit and another to receive.

My power supply is 12vdc. My idea is to use 4 transistors in a H-Pack arrangement as used in the siren driver (S.C. 10/90), to increase the power to the transmitter. I hope it will work at 40kHz.

The receiver may use a circuit based on the proximity detector in S.C.

01/89.

I need to use a weatherproof type because I am planning to measure the height of water.

Bye, Russell.

Reply to
rg26ce1991