Jaycar remote question

Hi,

I have their LR8822 remote control (

hooked up to open a gate. Range says over 50m but I am lucky to get 10m. I tried a fair length in my roof space but no go. I thought it could have something to do with the insulation foil, so I connected it to that but still no good.

What's the catch? Aerial length? Should it be horizontal or vertical?

Thanks for any help, Jay

Reply to
Chris

Try it out of the roof cavity to check if the foil, etc is screwing up your range. My guess would be 'yes it is'. It would be 50m on a good day with line of sight, no obstructions, etc. How are you hooking up the antenna?

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

your

At the moment the antenna is coming out from behind the wall plate (where the unit is) and hanging on the wall, about 1.5M in length. If I pull it out horizontal into the room I find the reception is better but still nothing spectacular, maybe I get a few more metres. I thought I may need to screw up an external antenna on the outside somewhere. These are made for cars so I wonder if the antenna should be a lot shorter.

Thanks

Reply to
Chris