Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

Is anyone else having trouble connectioning to the Jaycar

and Altronics
web sites? Both just timeout for me.

I first noticed the trouble yesterday morning, and I still can't access either of them now.

Pings from me to

seem to work just fine, but a tracert times out after 10 hops, after 61.88.166.50.

Pings from me to

just time out, and tracert's also time out at several hops in several places.

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Pete

"Pete"

** Both sites are working just fine for me.

Maybe your web filtering has gone birko.

.......... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

I first noticed the trouble yesterday morning, and I still can't access either of them now.

Pings from me to

seem to work just fine, but a tracert times out after 10 hops, after 61.88.166.50.

Pings from me to

just time out, and tracert's also time out at several hops in several places.

Thanks, Peter

Reply to
Eric

Yeah, they're fine. You got the problems your end :-)

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull
Reply to

Bit like inventing a new way to fart.

........... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

yes working fine. it may be your ISP. can you get other OZ sites OK? can you try another computer on the same ISP to verify your PC end is OK?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

USB&TTL to VGA Many resolutions http://www.dontronics.com/micro-vga.html
USB to RS232 Converter that works http://www.dontronics.com/usb_232.html
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Work fine here, although in Jaycar's case "work" is probably the wrong word - it is easily the worst and slowest online store system ever. Clearly they've made it themselves as nobody would pay money for such a POS. I remember when they first put it up - it was running off FileMaker and the genius who'd written it had the search function that would only search by catalogue number.

Years later their search function is still terrible - either it finds nothing, or you get 12 pages of unrelated hits.

Oh, and the artwork of the dude with the goatee in the sik headgear along with nasty motion blur is horrible. God knows who imagined that was appropriate for professional use. I haven't looked at Altronics website lately, but their new catalogue is head and shoulders above Jaycar's in terms of quality and professional appearance.

Reply to
Poxy

Slowest? Loads here within seconds, well less than that really... Faster than DSE's website... Maybe your connection needs some attention????

Yes obviously very faulty... I searched for "camera" and got results like DVD cases, plus about 10 pages of stuff to do with camera's, surveillance, video, etc.... Totally unrelated... :)

WTF? Looks fine at this end... must be my connection, must do something about that one day...

Reply to
Martin

Someone already did. Its called "Cutting an Allison". Its been banned all around the world because the smell never goes away.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida