Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

Is anyone else having trouble connectioning to the Jaycar
http://www.jaycar.com.au/ and Altronics http://www.altronics.com.au/ web
sites?  Both just timeout for me.

I first noticed the trouble yesterday morning, and I still can't access
either of them now.

Pings from me to www.jaycar.com.au seem to work just fine, but a tracert
times out after 10 hops, after 61.88.166.50.

Pings from me to www.altronics.com.au just time out, and tracert's also
time out at several hops in several places.

Thanks, Peter

Re: Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

"Pete"

 **  Both sites are working just fine for me.

  Maybe your web filtering has gone birko.

..........  Phil

they work for me OK Re: Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

Is anyone else having trouble connectioning to the Jaycar
http://www.jaycar.com.au/ and Altronics http://www.altronics.com.au/ web
sites?  Both just timeout for me.

I first noticed the trouble yesterday morning, and I still can't access
either of them now.

Pings from me to www.jaycar.com.au seem to work just fine, but a tracert
times out after 10 hops, after 61.88.166.50.

Pings from me to www.altronics.com.au just time out, and tracert's also
time out at several hops in several places.

Thanks, Peter

Re: they work for me OK Re: Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

**  Eric the Kiwi just used a new and even worse way to " top post ".

     Bit like inventing a new way to fart.

...........  Phil

Re: they work for me OK Re: Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

   Someone already did.  Its called "Cutting an Allison".  Its been
banned all around the world because the smell never goes away.

--
?

Michael A. Terrell
Central Florida

Re: they work for me OK Re: Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

Did you mean "Cutting an asshole open"?

Re: Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

Yeah, they're fine. You got the problems your end :-)

--
Regards ......... Rheilly Phoull

Re: Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

yes working fine.
it may be your ISP. can you get other OZ sites OK?
can you try another computer on the same ISP to verify your PC end is OK?

Don...

--
Don McKenzie
E-Mail Contact Page:       http://www.e-dotcom.com/ecp.php?un=Dontronics

Re: Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

Work fine here, although in Jaycar's case "work" is probably the wrong
word - it is easily the worst and slowest online store system ever. Clearly
they've made it themselves as nobody would pay money for such a POS. I
remember when they first put it up - it was running off FileMaker and the
genius who'd written it had the search function that would only search by
catalogue number.

Years later their search function is still terrible - either it finds
nothing, or you get 12 pages of unrelated hits.

Oh, and the artwork of the dude with the goatee in the sik headgear along
with nasty motion blur is horrible. God knows who imagined that was
appropriate for professional use. I haven't looked at Altronics website
lately, but their new catalogue is head and shoulders above Jaycar's in
terms of quality and professional appearance.

Re: Jaycar and Altronics web sites offline?

Slowest? Loads here within seconds, well less than that really...  Faster
than DSE's website...  Maybe your connection needs some attention????

Yes obviously very faulty... I searched for "camera" and got results like
DVD cases, plus about 10 pages of stuff to do with camera's, surveillance,
video, etc....  Totally unrelated...  :)

WTF?  Looks fine at this end... must be my connection, must do something
about that one day...

Site Timeline