Jaycar alarm panels, PIRs and other stuff.

Anyone used Jaycar alarm stuff? Any problems?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

We bought 15 of the LA5025 quad pulse count PIRs about two years ago. After six of them went intermittent over a period of months (each in the early AM of course) we ripped out the rest.

Obviously I do not recommend these. Have no idea about the panels though.

Reply to
David, not to be confused with

**Thanks for the tips. I had intended to choose the Micron PIRs anyway. I've had them in my home for at least 15 years, without a problem.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Yep had/have their 8 Sector Alarm (They no longer sell this model though it was basically the previous version of their LA5322) took it back twice (replaced both times) under warranty as the PIR circuits would false trigger and I tracked the Fault down to the 12V supply from the panel going intermittant. The panel I have now also has this problem (the warranty had expired when this one went Faulty) but I have rewired the PIRs to connect directly to the battery......

I have been meaning to replace the panel but next Time I think I will pay a bit more and get a brand with a better reputation .....

Regards Richard Freeman

Reply to
Richard Freeman

**Thanks for the tip, Richard. I just spoke with a security mate and he suggested a panel which is priced similarly to the Jaycar stuff and he assures me their quality is very good. I'll supply a link when I am able.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Thanks Let me know how you go