Jaycar alarm panels, PIRs and other stuff.

Anyone used Jaycar alarm stuff? Any problems?

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Jaycar alarm panels, PIRs and other stuff.

We bought 15 of the LA5025 quad pulse count PIRs about two years ago.  After
six of them went intermittent over a period of months (each in the early AM of
course) we ripped out the rest.

Obviously I do not recommend these.  Have no idea about the panels though.

Re: Jaycar alarm panels, PIRs and other stuff.

"David, not to be confused with the other Davids."

**Thanks for the tips. I had intended to choose the Micron PIRs anyway. I've
had them in my home for at least 15 years, without a problem.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Jaycar alarm panels, PIRs and other stuff.

Yep had/have their 8 Sector Alarm (They no longer sell this model though it
was basically the previous version of their LA5322) took it back twice
(replaced both times) under warranty as the PIR circuits would false trigger
and I tracked the Fault down to the 12V supply from the panel going
intermittant. The panel I have now also has this problem (the warranty had
expired when this one went Faulty) but I have rewired the PIRs to connect
directly to the battery......

I have been meaning to replace the panel but next Time I think I will pay a
bit more and get a brand with a better reputation .....

Regards
Richard Freeman

Re: Jaycar alarm panels, PIRs and other stuff.

**Thanks for the tip, Richard. I just spoke with a security mate and he
suggested a panel which is priced similarly to the Jaycar stuff and he
assures me their quality is very good. I'll supply a link when I am able.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: Jaycar alarm panels, PIRs and other stuff.

Thanks Let me know how you go

Site Timeline