Japan crisis sends component prices soaring

Japan crisis sends component prices soaring.

Yes memory is volatile.

NAND and DRAM prices have abruptly headed north following Japan's earthquake and
tsunami disaster.

Memory prices look set to surge in the aftermath of the earthquakes and tsunami
that hit Japan, according to analysts.

With the world still unsure just how much damage the disaster has caused to
Japan's manufacturing capability, market
speculators appear to be banking on the inevitable disruption to restrict supply
and push prices up.

The instability pushed spot trading prices for DDR3 1Gb 128Mx8 units up by more
than 7.5% in trading today, according to
DRAMeXchange, and other prices were equally volatile.

The spot price for 16GB NAND flash memory chips rose 12.5% as traders stockpiled
available components and some suppliers
stopped offering prices in the volatile market.

http://x2t.com/memory

Cheers Don...

======================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Japan crisis sends component prices soaring

They probably remember what happened last time when Kobe got hit.

Memory prices went through the roof.

--

Re: Japan crisis sends component prices soaring
o have Blf177 , same stock different days

--

Re: Japan crisis sends component prices soaring

well, world market place still got some memory modules on stock...but when
the stock gets empty then price of memeory might jump up to 300% within few
days only...just like it happened somewhere around year 2003. if i remember
the year well

Re: Japan crisis sends component prices soaring
it's been that way since the 80's
  called retail greed (rs belted the price up)
but I bought 4 Blf170 yesterday at $220.00 US about 30 minutes before
the rise , now I just have to put it all to use on hf

--

Site Timeline