Jamie's Electrical Toolkit

Needle type. And dont Americans have an L He does a lot of soddering with sodder (he is not the only American that seems to sodder sometimes they go goffing and play goff)

Reply to
F Murtz

Not just for Mythbusters fans:

Naturally he's an analog meter man.

Don't miss his mechanical kit (in 4 parts):

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

The L in solder and salmon is silent in American English:

Where as the L in salmon is silent in both British and American English

Lord Garth

"Lord Garth"

** Sometimes Yanks leave out the "L" altogether when spelling "solder".

Since the 1970s and for a great many years afterward DSE sold this stuff:

..... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Cracks me up every time! For more Yanky verbal comedy

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

It's still probably the best known "solder wick" brand. Soder-Wick is now a registered trade mark. It makes you wonder if the spelling was intentional (a joke?, or a way to differentiate?), or just a genuine spelling mistake at the time?

Dave.

Reply to
David L. Jones

A way around trademarking common words.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

What I can't work out is why Chemtronics make Soder-Wick and Chem-Wick when there is little difference in price point and Soder-Wick works a lot better.

James

Reply to
James

I prefer the wet wick method. Dip the end of some small copper braid into Kester RMA flux and apply the hot soldering iron. The dry wick all has a problem of the flux breaking off the braid as it is handled.

One thing that helps is to leave about 1/16" of the used wick when you trim it. That allows you to transfer the heat to the joint faster, yet wick away the old solder.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Goggle Groups, and Web TV users must request to be white listed, or I
will not see your messages.

Michael A. Terrell

We call those people STUPID Phil !!!!

Reply to
Lord Garth

Oh Jamie, its not exactly precision engineering, and putting vernier callipers loose in the toolbox - nasty!

Reply to
keithr