It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US

It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US

Remember this thread I first posted on the 22nd November 2010?
The very day it was announced and introduced. I suspect people weren't supposed
to notice, if they did it quickly enough.

Document at:
http://www.dontronics.com/pdf/APO_US_surcharge.pdf

here is a reminder of the thread:
http://www.techiehq.net/computing/now-cost-you-9-more-send-small-package-us-72033.html

Well there is now a list of questions ready to be presented at the Senate
Estimates hearing on 23rd of May.
I'll let you know if and when I get feed back.

Cheers Don...

==========================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US

http://www.techiehq.net/computing/now-cost-you-9-more-send-small-package-us-72033.html
I bought an Amazon K3 Kindle last week with a case. From go to wo at a cost
of $22.50 for p&p it landed at my front door four and a half days later. I
was updated every time the parcel was scanned and cleared here by customs.
All through UPS.
 I also ordered a pouch for WD HDD from ii Buy some 50kms away at a cost of
$11.20 p&p with FastWay couriers. Took five days to get here, without any
tracking options.
Say no more......

Metro

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US
http://www.techiehq.net/computing/now-cost-you-9-more-send-small-package-us-72033.html

You could have got it with tracking from Aust Post for the same price.

Take your demands and shove them where the sun dont shine.

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US

http://www.techiehq.net/computing/now-cost-you-9-more-send-small-package-us-72033.html
I was comparing and stating that you get more for your buck from the US. As
for Aus Post your quite right and it takes just as long.

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US
http://www.techiehq.net/computing/now-cost-you-9-more-send-small-package-us-72033.html

Thats a lie with Aust Post.

No it doesnt.

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US

http://www.techiehq.net/computing/now-cost-you-9-more-send-small-package-us-72033.html

You just don't understand do you? I can't be bothered to explain.

You just dn't understand do yoou> No it doesnt.

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US
http://www.techiehq.net/computing/now-cost-you-9-more-send-small-package-us-72033.html

Nothing to understand in your mindless silly shit.

Everyone can understand that tou never ever could bullshit your way out of a wet
paper bag.

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US

Don, has there been any change in the cost from USA to Oz?

Or do the new security measures only apply to USA in-bound?

I would have expected it would work both ways.

--

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US

No, it is only a one way problem to the US.

US to OZ have there own problems, but many smarter US companies are now waking
up that you don't charge $75USD to send
two IC chips in a package 4" by 6" by 3 feet.

You can send a 4 pound box by USPS priority mail for $13.45USD
And that that is about 1.8KG
Just got one for that cost today.

Smaller packages can be a lot cheaper.

The global market continues to level the playing field.

It is a slow process, but the yanks are starting to wake up. I think their
economy has been so rattled, that they have
had to find smarter ways to do business.

Same as we all have had to do.

Cheers Don...

==============================

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.GodzillaSeaMonkey.com
Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US
On 21 Apr 2011 08:18:44 +1000, "Dr Who"

Sounds like a Harvey Norman protection racket
--
Petzl
Question - When you apply for Welfare in Pakistan, Afghanistan,

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US

I often buy from retail outlets. But not at any price
My Laptop as example I use now I bought from Dick Smith.
--
Petzl
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Mono.htm

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US
3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%
3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D3D%3D
3D%3D3D%

Where would that be ?

We have to buy and install a couple of 40" or thereabouts this
week for work.

BTW, a mate went to Zupps (Holden dealer in Brisbane) some years back
to buy a new car,
and was told that they would not tell him their best price unless he
agreed to buy.

He ended up being so annoyed at this he went elsewhere, looked around
ended up buying a Verada instead from
a Mitsubishi dealer who "bent over backwards" to look after him.  Over
the time he had it, the servicing charges were very
competitive there too.

So the dealer AND Holden lost out.

Re: It will now cost you $9 more to send a small package to the US
On Thu, 21 Apr 2011 21:06:26 -0700 (PDT), kreed

Kogan have 42" LED's they will send you by TOLL for around $600
http://goo.gl/ImGcC
Once the smell of burning wires goes away they look and sound very
good
--
Petzl
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Mono.htm