It?s back to the start for Window s

It?s back to the start for Windows

MICROSOFT has unveiled an update to its latest Windows operating system that
includes the return of a ??start?? button
that has been missed by longtime users of the computer software.

The tweaked version of the operating system, nicknamed Windows Blue, will be
previewed on June 26 and will be a free
update for users of Windows 8.1, according to the Washington-based technology
titan.

??It?s Windows 8 even better,?? Windows program management corporate
vice-president Antoine Leblond said.

??Windows 8.1 will deliver improvements and enhancements in key areas like
personalisation, search, the built-in apps,
Windows Store experience and cloud connectivity.??

======

Hmmmm. A "Best we fix it up quick" attempt. Hope it works.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: It?s back to the start for Wi ndows
Another vista
  and almost as popular ( I wont use it )

--

Re: It?s back to the start for Wi ndows

I can't see me moving either.

I have a couple of old apps that will only run on XP,
and I can run them under virtual XP on windows 7 PRO.

So I have all my PCs running XP or W7 PRO.
W8 PRO can't run virtual XP, the same as W7 PRO can.
I think you can fudge it, but why do you have to?

I may end up replacing old PCs, with second hand ebay PCs when they fail. :-)

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

$30 for an Olinuxino Linux PC:
Re: It?s back to the start for Wi ndows
I run Debian mainly and this W7 in a virtual box , makes life easier

--

Re: Itís back to the start for Windows

includes the return of a ĎĎstartíí button
previewed on June 26 and will be a free
titan.
vice-president Antoine Leblond said.

Unreal. Why can't they just be honest for once and admit few people
like the omission of the start button.

Re: Itís back to the start for Windows

includes the return of a ĎĎstartíí button
previewed on June 26 and will be a free
titan.
vice-president Antoine Leblond said.
And Windows DVS player And media player
I like the "handwriting recognition"
http://www.geek.com/microsoft/handwriting-recognition-the-unsung-hero-of-the-surface-pro-1541098/
or < http://tinyurl.com/l3x8qmg
--
Petzl
I started with nothing and I am proud to say I still have most of it left

Site Timeline