Is this the future? - Page 2

Re: Is this the future?

Nope, that would incurr a "continuous supply fee" on top of that.

Re: Is this the future?

So what do they want next when we buy off of them, organ donor rights ??

Re: Is this the future?

NON - posthumous organ donor rights ;)

Re: Is this the future?
On Nov 25, 10:36A0%pm, John Tserkezis

Not telling anyone WHEN or how to cook, it seems the power authority
is already doing this, by not providing unreliable power

Re: Is this the future?

Oh, I thought that was what they did do. <vbg>

Re: Is this the future?

:)

Re: Is this the future?

Less consumers = less demand.  Easy.

Re: Is this the future?

Just remembered, in the former USSR republics, this sort of thing
happened more and more in the last decade of its existance, to the
point where the state electrical manufacturing company "electronika"
produced these "stabilisers" which from memory had 2 power
transformers and a large inductor (no solid state parts) - in order to
keep the mains at a stable 220v.

I did take a pic, of the device and the schematic for it if anyone is
particularly excited about it.

Re: Is this the future?

Saturable reactor transformers ( Stabilac ) have been around for years.
Virtually every lab I ever worked in in any industrial plant had one in
the '50s - '70s, just to keep the lab supply happy when the industrial
sections put huge demands on the mains.

Big lumps of iron and copper, but simple and almost never fail.