Is there an easy way to multiply / step up DC voltage?? - Page 3

Re: Is there an easy way to multiply / step up DC voltage??

Maxim is one company that produces chips that can either step-up,
step-down, or invert voltages. They even have chips that use capacitor
charge pumps. The MAX232 chip (it's a ttl to rs232 line driver) has charge
pumps on board that can give you about +10V and -10V from a 5v supply,
albeit with a very limited output current.
http://www.maxim-ic.com/PowerSupplies.cfm
http://www.linear.com/index.jsp

Linear Technology even has a Spice program (LTSpice/SwitcherCADIII)
that allows the user to evaluate switching designs before even building them.
http://www.linear.com/company/software.jsp

There's also an active  Yahoo Group that is dedicated to users of the LTSpice
program.

Re: Is there an easy way to multiply / step up DC voltage??

Here's one South Australian mans approach to getting 67.5 VDC or more out of
four AA cells. A very neat approach using modern semiconductors, I thought.

http://www.detection.com.au/67battery/ReplacementBattery.pdf

PH

Re: Is there an easy way to multiply / step up DC voltage??

"Peter Howard"

**  I agree  -  a nice example of simple design and effective use of
"garden variety" componentry.

Site Timeline