Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

With our UR which cost $40, i have to re-enter the codes for all 5
video/audio components everytime the batteries go flat or i change them.

I was wondering if there is a UR which holds the settings if this
occurs?   If there is one, how much do i need to spend?

thanks.

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

On Wed, 01 Feb 2006 18:15:11 +0800, frozenyogurt

I have a Kameleon remote that I bought at Harvey Norman.  Thankfully,
it keeps the settings when the battery goes flat.  Given we get about
3 weeks out of a charge of batteries, I'm bloody glad about that...

Cost about $150, and does everything in the way of A/V gear, including
satellite. Given it reduced our remote collection from 6 to 1, I think
it was worth it...

Cheers,

Rod.....Out Back

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

Thanks Rod, i've always liked the look of those Kameleons.

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

Thou, if hardley normal has them for $150, you should be able to get them
cheaper almost anywhere else

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

"Rod Out Back"

 **  You use re-chargeable cells in a remote control  ???

........  Phil

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

One-use lithium are good.

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

"Tom Smyth"

 **  Continuous use is recommended in your case.

..........  Phil

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

LOL

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

*rolls eyes*

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

On Thu, 2 Feb 2006 08:26:58 +1100, "Phil Allison"

Yes.  It (Kameleon)uses 4xAAA cells, and the non-rechargeables last
about 4 weeks(re-chargeabls last about 3 and a bit).  I have 2 sets of
Ni-MH cells, and have one set ready to go all the time.

Why, Is there some problem with this??

Cheers,

Rod.....Out Back

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

"Rod Out Back"
 "Phil Allison"

** Very unusual for a remote to eat batteries like that.

Heavy duty or alkaline AA & AAA cells last years in typical TV or STB
remote.

Re-chargeables would be a very poor substitute due to self discharge in a
few months.

........  Phil

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

Yes, but the Kameleon isn't a normal remote. It has a huge backlight on it.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

Does it also have an LCD screen?

Fraser

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

Whoopy bloody do. If that is its major feature watch out world. Changing
batteries every few weeks in a remote is obscene.

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

Only in that normal remotes last for years off one set of batteries.
4 weeks is atrocious!

Dave :)

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

Have you looked at a Kameleon?  There is a lot of re-programming the
buttons with every change of A/V selection. AND, it all back-lit.  I'm
not surprised it uses battries, but it's very easy to use.

Anyway, it works for me.  I keep a second set ready all the time, and
it hasnt let me down.  Works very well, to be honest.

Cheers,

Rod.....Out Back

Re: Is there a Universal Remote which holds settings when changing batteries or they go flat?

Makes you wonder. I get about 18 months out of my cheap woolies batteries.

Site Timeline