Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided - Page 2

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

A friend is using a Ipod like device with a 80 gig hard drive and you just
plug the cards into it .

Battery life is approx 6 hours of use and it costs approx 350 dollars, but
adds heaps of portability and no notebook

I will find out the brand for reference

message
have
2 or
for a
camera is
CCD

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

There are plenty of those around but I doubt any work with a hdd camera yet.

Michael

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

just
yet.

Why? It's just data on a USB bus after all.

MrT.

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

I'm still surprised that people nowadays still bother buying
by brandname.

The days when the company name glued/printed on the equipment was
the *same* as the actual company who actually built it, are
*long* gone.
Almost all mass-market stuff (hi-fi, computers, etc) is simply
re-badged stuff off volume production lines somewhere in Asia.

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

Even so I think you've got a better chance with a name brand because the
company will be more likely to insist on a certain quality. Despite what
people have said here I'd still buy from Sony over "Super Golden Mega
Electronics Co"

Michael

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

While I will never buy Sony stuff again because of their fiddling with the
register of Windows with their CDs, I do agree that brand name stuff is the
only way to go if you are spending big bickies.  Whether the stuff is any
better than no-name is not just the issue - Sony or JVC or Kenwood etc etc
etc branded gear is more likely to have been reviewed, and the mfg or
labeller is much more likely to be around for repairs etc.  Also, the brand
names tend to be fussy about who they appoint as their Aussie agents -
whereas the nonames will generally sell to any Tom, Dick, or Mary, whether
or not they are able to provide service, spare part backup, and tech
support

David

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

Not me. You can usually buy 3 or 4 similar quality machines from "SGMEC"
than Sony, (and each one will probably last just as long as the Sony, or
longer), and the service will probably be non existent in both cases.
You don't have to buy them all at once though, so you can upgrade to the
latest features everytime you get a new one.

MrT.

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

Sony should be avoided for reinventing the wheel with proprietry products
like memory stick

Michael

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

It's a joke, Joyce.

You know - like saying "cars seem to wait around the corner until you
try to cross the street, then they come all at once."

         MK.

Re: Is Sony Hardware Also To Be Avoided

I did know that hence the bit in brackets

Site Timeline