Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

There is an Australian Computer Society sponsored lecture on the
benefits of the National Broadband Network in Melbourne on 3 August
<http://tinyurl.com/3bgmaxr . I hope that some of you "NBN skeptics"
will be there to ask questions.

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?
Apart from creating work for a bunch of us there is sfa benificial about
the nbn

--

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

It's an ACS sponsored lecture from someone who clearly has the
background to understand the issues. I posted the information in the
hope that someone who believes that "there is sfa beneficial about the
nbn" will attend and demonstrate their superior knowledge.

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

If anyone can quantify the benefits, he should offer his services to
Conroy who is under siege being challenged by rational people to justify
spending $37b+ of taxpayers money. If Conroy is willing to spend $24m on
a business *plan*, imagine what he'd pay for a business *case*!

And yesterday, I discovered that Roxon is spending $466m on e-Health in
the NEXT TWO YEARS. E-Health is cited ad-nauseum as a reason to have an
NBN but now we are discovering that it is another big black hole into
which Labor pours taxpayers money. If the NBN was so beneficial would it
not make e-Health easier and *cheaper*?

Bottom line:
No-one can justify spending 5-10 times what is needed to build an NBN.
At this point, time would be better spent working out a new plan for 2
years time, when we kick these idiots out.

Everyone knows the benefits of the *internet* in general. Who wants to
listen to a bunch of Labor sycophants dishonestly attributing the
benefits of the *internet* to a misconceived overpriced white elephant?

Organise a debate (not a lecture) on the economic benefits of 100Mbps
versus 12Mbps and it *might* be of some interest.

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

Supply free air tickets and accomodation , otherwise I don't need to
prove the current nbn is off kilter as anyone working on it knows that
already although I note you are currently in denial that can be addressed .

--

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

Is that just some sham body like the IPCC whos job is to "sell" the
idea, but who bear no responsibility or liability when it doesn't
deliver ?

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

Have you never heard of the Australian Computer Society?

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

Unfortunately Yes, but then they were never any hinderance throughout my
career and flagged a few deadbeat organisations(job requires ACS
membership).

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?
Yes and all three members self recommend highly

--

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

Don't knock them - you do one of their courses of only a few weeks
duration and you can be an ACP.

The university path to big bucks takes 4 years - and you get the same
number of letters - some of them lower case!!! The universities need a
wake up call - how will we fill the skills shortage at this rate?

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

Immigration. Like it or lump it, it's coming.

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

"Skilled*" immigration has been happening for over 30 years.
* so the government can cut funding to education and companies can cut
worker costs.

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!

Fuck that was SOOOOO funny!!!

Aren't they the ding-bats that declared TCP/IP dead a decade ago?

Mark Addinall.

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

Nah, I have a council cleanup coming up & I can't spare the time.

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

Any refreshments? For 20 bucks there should be.

Re: Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

Another Labour Government Initative, what's the Point.
They've turned something that could have been quite useful
into something absolutly useless.

What's the point of a Fibre Optic Cable when it's slower than the
service I have right now and the usage is 1/8th what I get now, and
would cost me $10 more for that privelidge.

So what's the point of a Super fast Broadband.
I'd have to have my head read to say 'yes' please sign me up, and
make it pronto.

Home Insulation, Disaster
School Halls, Disaster
Laptops for School kids, Disaster
Solar Panels, Disaster
Set Top Boxes, train wreck waiting to happen
National Broadband Network, train wreck waiting to happen

Carbon Tax, Reserve Judgement

--
If you don't Understand it, Don't vote for it
If you understand it, you'd never vote for it.