Is anybody coming to the lecture on the NBN?

There is an Australian Computer Society sponsored lecture on the benefits of the National Broadband Network in Melbourne on 3 August . I hope that some of you "NBN skeptics" will be there to ask questions.

Reply to
Gordon Levi

Apart from creating work for a bunch of us there is sfa benificial about the nbn

--
Reply to
atec77

Nah, I have a council cleanup coming up & I can't spare the time.

Reply to
B J Foster

It's an ACS sponsored lecture from someone who clearly has the background to understand the issues. I posted the information in the hope that someone who believes that "there is sfa beneficial about the nbn" will attend and demonstrate their superior knowledge.

Reply to
David Segall

If anyone can quantify the benefits, he should offer his services to Conroy who is under siege being challenged by rational people to justify spending $37b+ of taxpayers money. If Conroy is willing to spend $24m on a business *plan*, imagine what he'd pay for a business *case*!

And yesterday, I discovered that Roxon is spending $466m on e-Health in the NEXT TWO YEARS. E-Health is cited ad-nauseum as a reason to have an NBN but now we are discovering that it is another big black hole into which Labor pours taxpayers money. If the NBN was so beneficial would it not make e-Health easier and *cheaper*?

Bottom line: No-one can justify spending 5-10 times what is needed to build an NBN. At this point, time would be better spent working out a new plan for 2 years time, when we kick these idiots out.

Everyone knows the benefits of the *internet* in general. Who wants to listen to a bunch of Labor sycophants dishonestly attributing the benefits of the *internet* to a misconceived overpriced white elephant?

Organise a debate (not a lecture) on the economic benefits of 100Mbps versus 12Mbps and it *might* be of some interest.

Reply to
B J Foster

Supply free air tickets and accomodation , otherwise I don't need to prove the current nbn is off kilter as anyone working on it knows that already although I note you are currently in denial that can be addressed .

--
Reply to
atec77

Is that just some sham body like the IPCC whos job is to "sell" the idea, but who bear no responsibility or liability when it doesn't deliver ?

Reply to
kreed

Any refreshments? For 20 bucks there should be.

Reply to
Metro

Have you never heard of the Australian Computer Society?

Unfortunately Yes, but then they were never any hinderance throughout my career and flagged a few deadbeat organisations(job requires ACS membership).

Reply to
terryc

Yes and all three members self recommend highly

--
Reply to
atec77

Don't knock them - you do one of their courses of only a few weeks duration and you can be an ACP.

The university path to big bucks takes 4 years - and you get the same number of letters - some of them lower case!!! The universities need a wake up call - how will we fill the skills shortage at this rate?

Reply to
B J Foster

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAA!!!!

Fuck that was SOOOOO funny!!!

Aren't they the ding-bats that declared TCP/IP dead a decade ago?

Mark Addinall.

Reply to
Addinall

Another Labour Government Initative, what's the Point. They've turned something that could have been quite useful into something absolutly useless.

What's the point of a Fibre Optic Cable when it's slower than the service I have right now and the usage is 1/8th what I get now, and would cost me $10 more for that privelidge.

So what's the point of a Super fast Broadband. I'd have to have my head read to say 'yes' please sign me up, and make it pronto.

Home Insulation, Disaster School Halls, Disaster Laptops for School kids, Disaster Solar Panels, Disaster Set Top Boxes, train wreck waiting to happen National Broadband Network, train wreck waiting to happen

Carbon Tax, Reserve Judgement

--
If you don't Understand it, Don't vote for it
If you understand it, you'd never vote for it.

Immigration. Like it or lump it, it's coming.

Reply to
Bruce Varley

"Skilled*" immigration has been happening for over 30 years.

  • so the government can cut funding to education and companies can cut worker costs.
Reply to
terryc