IR control extender - long distance

Hello,

IR control extenders have a distance of 100m (claim) , I'm looking for a
long distance, up to 400m if possible.
Is there any models available in Australia ?

thanks
Match

Re: IR control extender - long distance

I sent a reply a few days ago but it does not appear on the forum, so I
guess that it got lost along the way

I suggest that  you have a look at Oatley Electronics
(oatleyelectronics.com)  in New South Wales.  They are into that sort of
thing, and they also have small transmitters and receivers. They also have
several multi-channel remote control designs which you may be able to adapt

All that you need to do is get a shorter range remote control and break it
into two parts, one sending and the other receiving, and connect a small
transmitter and receiver in between,  to cover the distance.

regards
Harry Pfeifer

Re: IR control extender - long distance

What about the Zigbee?

Re: IR control extender - long distance

thanks for the replies

Anyone heard of IR extenders over network cable (PC to PC), that is an
option for me

Match

Site Timeline