Ipod Mini - Voltage regulator IC

Hi all,

My Ipod mini died on the way to Bourke. I think my car charger is bad and giving out over voltage.

When I open the Ipod, I saw that one of the IC was toasted.

The IC is roughly 30mm from the bottom left corner of the PCB. I think the designator of the IC is U11 and I have a feeling that it is a voltage regulator IC.

It is 5mm square with visible 16 pins, 4 pins on each sides.

Anybody know what is this IC? It is a shame to toss a $300 device without giving it a fighting try.

I post some image at

Any input is appreciated.

Par.

Reply to
Parmin

Parmin while reading the NewsGroups, found courage and express out opinion in news:Xns9656AC86E9590FArt@

203.26.24.228:

is

Thank you for everyone who tried to help.

For whoever who have the same problem, I have the data for this chip, it is LTC4055 USB Power Controller and Li-Ion Linear Charger. Made by Linear Technology

Par.

Reply to
Parmin