IPOD 3G problem

I recently got handed down 2 3G Ipods from the kids. I bought new batteries for both as they werent charging up. Charger didnt work. Replaced charger still nothing. Used the car charger and it works!! What is going on?

Reply to
Lu R

Possibly a broken wire in the cable just where it enters the plug. It is a common problem with any equipment with a plug and cable. Alternatively your mains charger is faulty.

Regards Harry

Reply to
Harry Pfeifer

Nice try but no. My daughter brought out her newer model Ipod and plugged it into the supposedly broken charger and it started charging! I fear that somehow Ive not been given the correct model chargers for the older Ipods but still the plugs/sockets are the same!

Reply to
Lu R