Iphone battery

I was going to try to put an iphone 5 battery in a book reader I have. BUT,it has the iphone connection on the end of flat ribbon . It has a connector with what looks like 4 connections, I think the outside ones may be positive and negative? it also has electronics before this on the end of the battery, maybe for charging and protection. The battery on the reader is similar but has only pos and neg wires from the battery electronics to the reader. Does anyone have any idea what the pin outs may be on the battery?

Reply to
F Murtz

Looks like you're right with your assumption that the outer terminals are the supply pins;

The other two pins are apparently temperature and gas sensor wires;

Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom
Reply to
Bob Milutinovic

why not replace it with the correct battery?

Usually these things are found very cheaply on ebay.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

http://www.dontronics-shop.com

All Olimex products now 40% to 95% off normal Olimex Prices.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olimex-ltd.html
Many other items discounted up to 90% off.
Also discounts on FTDI, Sparkfun, mELABS, CCS, SimmStick, etc.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Tried that,orig is 405080 7.4wh 3.7v 2000mah, found one only equiv that would have cost almost as much as the cheap reader.

Reply to
F Murtz

:-)

Fairnuff

a bit like some printers and cartridges these days.

--
Don McKenzie

http://www.dontronics-shop.com

All Olimex products now 40% to 95% off normal Olimex Prices.
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/olimex-ltd.html
Many other items discounted up to 90% off.
Also discounts on FTDI, Sparkfun, mELABS, CCS, SimmStick, etc.
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Too f**kn right... It's crazy that printers are so cheap and refills are so dear...unless you are an Epson, Canon, HP etc. bean-counter, I suppose.

Printers are probably the next device to become obsolete in the Iwank world of instant messaging.

Anyone here tried CISS (continuous ink supply systems) ? They sound like a good idea, if you print a lot.

Reply to
BuckyBalls

I have got a canon and have been filling it from 250ml bottles at round $20.00 per bottle per colour for three years, canon because you can make it ignore the chip eventually.

Reply to
F Murtz

There are actually "chip re-setters" available from China for between $5 and $20 (depending on the printer brand); this would come in handy with the newer printers which won't allow you to ignore the chip.

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

I bought a new Fuji-Xerox mono Laser printer for under $30. The price for a new genuine toner cartridge is about $115 (comes with a low capacity one). Ebay new high capacity toner cartridge - $15 delivered.

No brainer.

The Epson trick on my higher end all-in-one was too prevent any printing once a colour cartridge ran out, so even if the black cartridge was full it wouldn't print black.

Worse, just printing black still used up the colour cartridge so you still ended up replacing the colour cartridges even if you never printed in colour.

Worse still is that when I opened my "empty" colour cartridge it was at least 60% full, IOW the printer said it used colour when it didn't, the level was only reduced in the chip and once it was read "empty" had to be replaced as there was no way to reset the chip.

I got sick of it and threw the thing on the verge at council bulk vergeside collection.

Reply to
Clocky

Unfortunately there wasn't one for my Epson before I got sick of the thing and threw it on the verge.

Reply to
Clocky

I have two multi-function inkjets, seven computers, five high end 19" CRT monitors (were over $2K each when new) and three big-screen (68cm+) CRT TVs sitting out the front as we speak, ready for council collection in the morning.

Collectively over $15K of expenditure, now paying to have them removed :-/

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

I used to do that before I discovered the canon system. You can now also get replacement chips, pry of the old and stick on the new. this printer is starting to go bung, I have a brand new old one buried some where in a container or shed but I can not find it.

When I moved a couple of years ago I filled two containers with 70 years of collected junk and I need need a tuit (have some somewhere in the shed)to go through it.

Reply to
F Murtz

What sort of computers?

I'm always looking for old retro stuff 80's and 90's, boards, cards etc.

Most stuff that goes on the verge is picked up before the council gets a chance to. Computers often have their CPU's brutally yanked out to sell/salvage the gold in them too.

Reply to
Clocky

70 years of personal junk you have collected?

You must be getting on a bit!?

Reply to
Clocky

We sold the house that had never been sold before that my grandfather built, so three generations of stuff.

Reply to
F Murtz

2000-2005 vintage mostly, with one from around 2008. Sure enough, within hours of throwing 'em out there, all computer equipment (the computers, a new-but-damaged case, two network switches) were gone - and tonight someone came over to disembowel the monitors & TVs (presumably for the copper in the deflection coils).
--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

I have plenty of tuits here, but they're all square :-/

--
Bob Milutinovic
Cognicom

Probably pinched by David L Jones ;) He is a habitual raider of dumpsters ;)

Reply to
BuckyBalls