Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World, Shown Visually:
http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/10/internet-speeds-and-costs-around-the-world-shown-visually/#more-362769

Be sure to click the above image to see it in its full glory.

Yes, Australia if 5th from the right hand end of the graph.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/10/internet-speeds-and-costs-around-the-world-shown-visually/#more-362769
One thing you will notice about the countries with very high
speed internet - they are all small with high population.
Much easier and cheaper to provide high speed broadband to a
reasonable slab of the population in those circumstances. I
wonder what level of access people in say rural France have
though. At least in Australia, most people in major cities
have access to 8MBps (although very few opt for faster than
512K), and most people in rural towns have access to
1.5MBps. Thanks to the government assistance, people on
farms etc have access to 256-512kBps via satellite which is
a damned site better than what they could get through phone
lines. We still have some way to go, but personally I'd
prefer to make 1.5MBps available to anyone who wants it,
rather than having some people in some cities with 60M and
regional areas / people with pair gain etc with 14-33K.

--
What is the difference between a duck?

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/10/internet-speeds-and-costs-around-the-world-shown-visually/#more-362769

Fuck that, why should my internet experience be limited because of the tiny
percentage of the populus who choose to live in the middle of nowhere?
Besides, your assumption that those countries with high speed internet may
have remoter areas with poor service is just speculation.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2009/10/internet-speeds-and-costs-around-the-world-shown-visually/#more-362769
I've never been to Perth or Hobart and only visit Adelaide roughly once a
year. Correct me if I'm wrong, but from memory none of the Capital cities
have Uranium/Gold/Iron/Coal etc mines in the middle of them and I believe
that most of the food growing areas are outside the cities. That being the
case it's hard to see what the Capital cities do other than consume our
products, produce copious pollution and provide services to support the
productive regions of Australia that keep people like you in a comfortable
lifestyle.

Somewhere in the world there is a village short of its idiot, please feel
free to take up the vacancy.

PhilD

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

hear hear !

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Yeahbut if we didnt buy your stuff you would be winging about that too :-)

Rheilly P

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Perhaps - but in a day or two you'd be so hungry you
wouldn't even notice if the farmers were whinging.

What is the difference between a duck?

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Farmers whinge by default.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Most farm produce in Australia is exported anyway.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Like hell it is.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Hey, with a snappy come back like that,  you could launch a new career as
a farm consultants. Heck, the farmers would at least get a good laugh out
of you.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

YOU made that stupid pig ignorant claim.

YOU get to substantiate that stupid pig ignorant claim.

THATS how it works.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Those who need to know, know that it is true. Others, shrug, their
problem.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

LMAO  !!!

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Like hell it is.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

The Aussie farmers are good at very efficently producing most basics and
basic forms of meat. They just can not compete on what you call
"condiments" or the fiddly stuff that requires lots of hands on work.

The figures I remember of $90B exports and $125B imports for food stuff.

your ignorance is not my problem.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Its a hell of a lot more than just "condiments" that are imported.

And that in spades.

That is just plain wrong.

http://www.dfat.gov.au/facts/foodindustry.html

Never ever could bullshit its way out of a wet paper bag.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

Nothing there contradicts my figures. You're just looking at a subset.

Re: Internet Speeds And Costs Around The World.

You're lying, as always.

You're lying, as always.

And even if it was a subset, and it aint, you got the ratio backwards anyway.

Site Timeline