Internet, now 20 years in Australia - Page 2

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

the

Yep, but of course was far more than 20 years ago.

MrT.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

You do know how to follow a conversation, don't you?

--
Chris.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

or
before

Better than you it seems.

MrT.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

Or not, in your case.

--
Chris.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

Despite your snipping attempt, I'm still doing better than you though.

MrT.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

In *your* opinion. Many of us were using the internet before then.

No, it's just plain wrong.

MrT.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

*What* is just plain wrong?

- I was doing what I stated well before 1989.
- I wonder if many people just consider "the internet" to mean the period
  after the arrival of HTTP/HTML.

Which of those statements is wrong, and why?

--
Chris.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

Australia.

That the internet started in 1989 (rather than just the part we currently
call the Web)

Me too.

Which is wrong, that's my point. And I'm sure the internet and the web will
go on long after HTTP/HTML has passed into history too.

MrT.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

No, please try to follow the conversation.

Are you really claiming it is wrong that "...many people just consider...." ?
I doubt it.

My point is that this is what most people presume.

--
Chris.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

period
will

Your stupid crap, or what was originally written?

consider...." ?

Please read what was written, not what you pretend is written just so you
can make stupid remarks.

Maybe you do, but don't pretend to speak for everyone else.

MrT.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

Keep digging.  Bye.

--
Chris.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

   Most people are ignorant of anything more complex than a light
switch.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

It's not that they're ignorant it's just that they don't know, which
isn't the same thing.
You have to remember that by definition half of the population have a
below average IQ. The indicator of true intelligence is the ability to
deal with problems, which includes dealing with people that aren't as
bright as we'd like them to be. Einstein was a great example of this,
which is why he is remembered for his humility and humour as much as his
cleverness.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

?

   Ignorance means that you don't know something, not that you aren't
capable of learning it.

   Stupid means that you can't learn it.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

Ignorant means you do know something but ignore it. Have a look at the
word, it's obvious.

Maybe it does, but it can also mean you can learn it, but choose not to
take on the knowledge. For example when someone makes a stupid mistake
it usually refers to something they were doing where they knew the
outcome, but persisted with the action anyway.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

   Ok.  Beileive whatever turns your rusty crank.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

Yayy
I won!

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

   No, but you're too stupid to know the difference.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

Insults are an indicator of a bad loser.

Re: Internet, now 20 years in Australia

   Then try to insult me.