Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011. Communications Minister,
Senator Stephen Conroy, claims the voluntary
Internet filter is on track for implementation by Optus, Telstra and iPrimus
this year and has denied any suggestion
it's on the backburner.

http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/375566/internet_filter_track_july_2011_conroy /

Cheers Don...

===============

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

Pigs arse it is. It aint gotta hope in hell of ever getting thru parliament.

filter is on track for implementation

Jusy another little kid desperately whistling as he runs past the cemetary at
night.

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.
Internet filter is on track for implementation
night.

Hope you are right Rod.

It's a lot of money to pay for an entertainment system.

Cheers Don...

===================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.
I wouldnt bet on that. The average pollie has about half the tech savy
of a 2YO, but it LOOKS like they doing something

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011 08:13:18 +1100, "Rod Speed"

Internet filter is on track for implementation
night.
http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/375566/internet_filter_track_july_2011_conroy /

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

Woulndt bet on what ?

Nope, those that matter policy wise thru parliament
have ALL said they wont pass it except the Labor fools.

night.

http://www.arnnet.com.au/article/375566/internet_filter_track_july_2011_conroy/

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

Voluntary ?

People asked for this however - they did not vote out conroy - and
they could have done.

Agree with Rod though, its not likely to pass - with the Greens
against it, however they could pull a deal for allowing carbon tax if
greens agree to it ?

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

Enforcing filter in Conroy electorate and not using it anywhere else
sounds fair to me then...

Tom

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

have done.

fair to me then...

He's a senator, stupid. You'd have cut off the whole of Victoria and given
the senate ticket it was essentially impossible to vote him out anyway.

FARK, he's another stupid pom from Victoria.

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

Thats talking about the original voluntary scheme now that Conroy hasnt
got a hope in hell of getting his compulsory scheme true parliament.

have done.

They got within an ace of voting labor out and thats a very
decent effort given the landslide the Dud got in his election.

Nope, because the coalition doesnt support it in the lower house
either and neither do the 'independants' in the lower house either.

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

It's curious how this Voluntary word snuck in, but I think Conroy is up to
his usual dirty tricks

Apparently the "Voluntary" bit is that it's Voluntary for the ISP, but not
for the individual users.

I could be wrong ......

............ Zim

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.
It's a silly idea , any 10 year old can sort a vpn and bypass it in seconds
  "course being labouring they have nfi per usual

--

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

Is it your Zimmer frame ?

and iPrimus

Thats what was proposed before Conroy was stupid enough to try a non voluntary
one.

Not a chance, he would have to get a non voluntary one thru parliament, and that
aint gunna happen.

Wrong.

You are indeed.

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

Do you think the NBN will happen ?

Re: Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

and iPrimus

voluntary one.

for the individual users.

Yes, its already started and Labor would look too stupid if they stopped it now.

I doubt that they will be allowed to rip up the copper network, and so its
unlikely that
it will ever be commercially viable while ever most already have very decent
broadband
available if they want it, and those that dont wont be getting the NBN anyway.

It'll just be yet another terminally stupid Labor scheme to piss $50B against
the wall.

I might even use it myself if its attractively priced compared with the other
broadband
available, but believe that there are much better things to spend $50B on.

And if we are doing to piss $50B against the wall on a NBN, we should
be using what was raised from the flogging off of Telstra on that.

Site Timeline