Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011.

Internet Filter is still on track for July 2011. Communications Minister, Senator Stephen Conroy, claims the voluntary Internet filter is on track for implementation by Optus, Telstra and iPrimus this year and has denied any suggestion it's on the backburner.

Cheers Don...

===============

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

Don McKenzie wrote

Pigs arse it is. It aint gotta hope in hell of ever getting thru parliament.

filter is on track for implementation

Jusy another little kid desperately whistling as he runs past the cemetary at night.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Internet filter is on track for implementation

night.

Hope you are right Rod.

It's a lot of money to pay for an entertainment system.

Cheers Don...

===================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
Reply to
Don McKenzie

Senator Stephen Conroy, claims the voluntary

mus this year and has denied any suggestion

Voluntary ?

People asked for this however - they did not vote out conroy - and they could have done.

Agree with Rod though, its not likely to pass - with the Greens against it, however they could pull a deal for allowing carbon tax if greens agree to it ?

Reply to
kreed

Enforcing filter in Conroy electorate and not using it anywhere else sounds fair to me then...

Tom

Reply to
Tom

kreed wrote

Thats talking about the original voluntary scheme now that Conroy hasnt got a hope in hell of getting his compulsory scheme true parliament.

have done.

They got within an ace of voting labor out and thats a very decent effort given the landslide the Dud got in his election.

Nope, because the coalition doesnt support it in the lower house either and neither do the 'independants' in the lower house either.

Reply to
Rod Speed

Tom wrote

have done.

fair to me then...

He's a senator, stupid. You'd have cut off the whole of Victoria and given the senate ticket it was essentially impossible to vote him out anyway.

FARK, he's another stupid pom from Victoria.

Reply to
Rod Speed

I wouldnt bet on that. The average pollie has about half the tech savy of a 2YO, but it LOOKS like they doing something

Internet filter is on track for implementation

night.

Jack Simms

Jack Simms wrote

Woulndt bet on what ?

Nope, those that matter policy wise thru parliament have ALL said they wont pass it except the Labor fools.

night.

Rod Speed

It's curious how this Voluntary word snuck in, but I think Conroy is up to his usual dirty tricks

Apparently the "Voluntary" bit is that it's Voluntary for the ISP, but not for the individual users.

I could be wrong ......

............ Zim

Reply to
Graeme Zimmer

It's a silly idea , any 10 year old can sort a vpn and bypass it in seconds "course being labouring they have nfi per usual

--
Reply to
atec77

Is it your Zimmer frame ?

and iPrimus

Thats what was proposed before Conroy was stupid enough to try a non voluntary one.

Not a chance, he would have to get a non voluntary one thru parliament, and that aint gunna happen.

Wrong.

You are indeed.

Reply to
Rod Speed

stra and iPrimus

ntary one.

nd that aint gunna happen.

Do you think the NBN will happen ?

Reply to
kreed

kreed wrote

and iPrimus

voluntary one.

for the individual users.

Yes, its already started and Labor would look too stupid if they stopped it now.

I doubt that they will be allowed to rip up the copper network, and so its unlikely that it will ever be commercially viable while ever most already have very decent broadband available if they want it, and those that dont wont be getting the NBN anyway.

It'll just be yet another terminally stupid Labor scheme to piss $50B against the wall.

I might even use it myself if its attractively priced compared with the other broadband available, but believe that there are much better things to spend $50B on.

And if we are doing to piss $50B against the wall on a NBN, we should be using what was raised from the flogging off of Telstra on that.

Reply to
Rod Speed