Internet Exporer in trouble again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1095266/Web-panic-flaw-lets-criminals-computer.html

warning about IE virus attack once again, this one sounds severe.

Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1095266/Web-panic-flaw-lets-criminals-computer.html

    It's not 'Internet Exporer', it's 'Internet Exploder'. :)

    All the more reason to run Firefox!

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again
Funny, the man from Microsoft said on the news tonight that it wasn't
really such a problem as only a few percent of people had been
affected... and he was still using IE too.  So I guess it must be
OK...   ;-)

Glenn

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

Funny, the man from Microsoft said on the news tonight that it wasn't
really such a problem as only a few percent of people had been
affected... and he was still using IE too.  So I guess it must be
OK...   ;-)

Glenn

Even stranger... My system is set to automatic update (and I often get them)
so I would have expected an update this morning. But nothing...

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

Mine did.

geoff

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again
Dont tell people to use firefox because if everybody did the baddies
would start making viruses for it instead

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

criminals-computer.html>

Firefox is still good, albeit not as good as it once was.
They're trying to make it all things to all people, which is compromising
it's stability and simplicity.

Opera is highly underrated, IMO.

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again
put finger to keyboard and composed:

I've been using Opera for many years. However, I'm stuck at version
9.27 because versions 9.5x are resource hogs. One of the many good
features about Opera is its customisability. For example, you can add
your own functions to the r-click menus. In my case I have added "open
with Firefox" and "open with OffByOne" selections to allow me to open
any URL in an alternative browser. I prefer OffByOne for viewing news
and forum pages that are otherwise overwhelmed by ads, Javascript,
Flash, and other eye candy. OffByOne is extremely fast and launches in
a matter of seconds.

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1095266/Web-panic-flaw-lets-criminals-computer.html

   I like to do a Registry edit so it says its 'Ignorant Exploder'. Its
amazing the number of people who never notice the change. :)

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1095266/Web-panic-flaw-lets-criminals-computer.html
Google Chrome works well, and it's a much faster browser.

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1095266/Web-panic-flaw-lets-criminals-computer.html

Fix is out today.

geoff

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

criminals-computer.html

To be followed by several patches to fix the fix :)

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

not quite correct.

The patches will be to fix what the "fix" stuffs up.
--
Laurie.
Registered Linux user # 468070

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

Erm, that's what I said.

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

Well mine worked fine before, and still does.

geoff

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1095266/Web-panic-flaw-lets-criminals-computer.html

   The picture of the two browsers in the picture on that web page look
like Netscape 4.0 & IE 3.0

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1095266/Web-panic-flaw-lets-criminals-computer.html

The following quote, from the above URL, is the typical Microsoft
fear mechanism, for the ignorant.

 [page]: <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net
Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

Yeah, I thought that was a really contemptible comment.

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

Yeah, I thought that was a really contemptible comment.

Very.  A bit OT I know, but how can I determine whether I have the latest
update. Using the About... option under Help just gives me a list of files.
No 'latest update' date or self-explanatory version number

Re: Internet Exporer in trouble again

Simply ignore Microsoft, and install a decent system.  You can use
Firefox (browser) and Thunderbird (email/news) on at least Mac,
Linux, and Windoze.  See mozilla.com.

 [page]: <http://cbfalconer.home.att.net