Interfacing ds1307 with 16f877

Hello friends!
I'm intefcacing DS1307 RTC wit pic16f877. I need some help. The data
from RTC is not correctly received. Can anybody suggest a possible
solution?

Re: Interfacing ds1307 with 16f877

I've got some very old assembler code here for talking to the DS1307 is that
helps:
http://www.alternatezone.com/electronics/files/vcg_asm.zip

Also, do try using Google. First hit for "DS1307 PIC":
http://www.maxim-ic.com/appnotes.cfm/an_pk/3921

Dave.

Re: Interfacing ds1307 with 16f877

I have some old code at:
http://www.dontronics.com/rtc.html
don't know if this will help, or not.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: Interfacing ds1307 with 16f877

It's very difficult to do this without a 'scope. I know, I've done it.

Beg borrow or steal one and look at the timing of the waveforms you're
generating.

There's lots of code around, but to make sure you have the right port
pins, configured in the correct direction, toggling with the right
polarity at the right time, you really must have a scope, regardless
of what existing code you have.

Clifford Heath.

Site Timeline