Interesting product - Page 2

Re: Interesting product

Now you are talking shit. Errrr I mean sewage.
;-)
Miles of pipe under most cities. Don't forget storm water. I still don't
get why we build houses now with a roof then effectively install another
roof (solar panels) on top to be efficient.
I guess the problem is there must be a dollar in it.

The above mentioned product (I am unable to follow the link at the moment
thank you Telstra) I assume is designed to be replaceable over serviceable.
I am also guessing at the mentioned  price they plan to flood the market.

Businesses are in business to make money.

--
:-P

Re: Interesting product
On a sunny day (Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:39:08 +0800) it happened Dennis

Probably some rotating turbine generator
Water pressure can do that, pity water is expensive here,
else it could replace my power company...

Re: Interesting product
On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:02:22 GMT, Jan Panteltje

Somebody I sent this link to said that this product requires
30 PSI of water pressure to work.  Anybody know if that is
true or not ?

boB

Re: Interesting product
<http://www.coolproductsusa.com/shop/led-shower-head-with-temperature-sensor/?fb_action_ids39%21615035746&fb_action_types=og.like

If you don't have 30 psi, it's not worth taking a shower!
                                     Mikek

Re: Interesting product

<http://www.coolproductsusa.com/shop/led-shower-head-with-temperature-sensor/?fb_action_ids39%21615035746&fb_action_types=og.like

30 psi?!  I guess not!  The normal household water pressure is twice
that.

I prefer rain heads, about 10' up, though.

Re: Interesting product
On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 10:02:22 GMT, Jan Panteltje

I think it's called hydroelectricity. ;-)

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Interesting product

<http://www.coolproductsusa.com/shop/led-shower-head-with-temperature-sensor/?fb_action_ids39%21615035746&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=hovercard&fb_aggregation_id24%6965925417366

My guess is, it has a vane in there the water must pass over and forces
it to spin. THis is most likely a magnetic coupled generator and simply
spins up with the force of the water..

  It does not take much to light up LEDS.

Jamie

Re: Interesting product
<http://www.coolproductsusa.com/shop/led-shower-head-with-temperature-sensor/?fb_action_ids39%21615035746&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=hovercard&fb_aggregation_id24%6965925417366

It says in the description:

"Electricity is generated by hydraulic mechanism"

So Jamie's probably right.

Chris.

Site Timeline