Interesting product

Saw this advert - shower head with LEDs to illuminate the water stream,
coulour indicates temperature.

<http://www.coolproductsusa.com/shop/led-shower-head-with-temperature-sensor/?fb_action_ids39%21615035746&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=hovercard&fb_aggregation_id24%6965925417366

Supposedly without batteries or external power.

"No batteries and external power supply needed.
The color change tells you the water temperature.
Bright LED light.
Approved by CE & RoHS certificates.
Electricity is generated by hydraulic mechanism."

I wonder what mecahnism they use to generate the power & if it really is
as bright as the marketing pictures depict!

No doubt they will make a few dollars out of it!

Re: Interesting product
<http://www.coolproductsusa.com/shop/led-shower-head-with-temperature-sensor/?fb_action_ids39%21615035746&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=hovercard&fb_aggregation_id24%6965925417366
    They're out of stock! The faucet unit is only $6.99, for that price
I'd tear it apart just to see how it works.
  I expect someone to explain it. ;-)
                             Mikek

Re: Interesting product
<http://www.coolproductsusa.com/shop/led-shower-head-with-temperature-sensor/?fb_action_
ids39%21615035746&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=hovercard&fb_aggregation_id24%6965925417366>

Green water is colder than blue water? That's wrong!

Re: Interesting product

<http://www.coolproductsusa.com/shop/led-shower-head-with-temperature-sensor/?fb_action_

  Blue is the hottest color in the universe.

 Red flame - hot

 Blue flame - HOTTER

  Artsy fartsy wise, however, both blue and green are considered "cool"
colors.

  English power cord...  The BROWN wire is always 'the hot'.  It is easy
to remember if one just remembers hot and cold.

Re: Interesting product

snipped long line.

  It cannot be that hard to generate the juice required to fully
illuminate 20 LEDs.

Re: Interesting product

You could in theory have a shower head that delivered 50 watts or so of
electrical power from the pressure drop.

--

John Larkin                  Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com   jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Re: Interesting product
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 20:45:38 -0800, John Larkin

  Well, remove the restrictor, and you get that back.

  So, the generator can be set (designed) to spool up until the drop
matches what a proper, restricted head would deliver.

  They would always be red with me.  My showers are 125 degrees.

Re: Interesting product

Steam bath ?

geoff

Re: Interesting product

   No, just a hothead.

Re: Interesting product

No all of us are on the Metric system..

Jamie

Re: Interesting product
On Fri, 01 Feb 2013 18:53:03 -0500, Jamie

  If any of you ever remembers the others, you should go see a doctor and
get help for all of them, leaving just one.  Hopefully, it will be the
one with half a brain.

Re: Interesting product

Um, duh ...... ?!!!!

geoff

Re: Interesting product

Then you must live in one of the following countries...U.S.A...
Liberia...Myanmar.

If you live in the US and don't work in a technical field then you are probably
just
ignorant of the real extent of metrification. The unit of temperature is just
the lowest
common denominator in the sensible (metric) units vs. silly (US/Imperial) units
debate which was won a long time ago by near universal consensus. (Except for
the
obstinate and stupid trio of the U.S.A., Liberia and Myanmar)

http://science.howstuffworks.com/why-us-not-on-metric-system.htm
"Many myths swirl around the metric system and U.S. involvement with it. Let's
dispel a few. First, the relationship between the
metric system and the United States dates back to the 18th century, not the
1970s. Second, all countries have either fully adopted
or legally sanctioned the International System of Units, or SI, the modern form
of the metric system. That includes the U.S.,
Liberia and Myanmar, three countries often listed as the sad-sack metric
losers."

Re: Interesting product

Um I think the poms are at least still partially stuck in the imperial
dark-ages too.

geoff

Re: Interesting product

EEs should be legally exempt from having to use low-flow shower heads. We get
all our best ideas in a good hot shower.

--

John Larkin                  Highland Technology Inc
www.highlandtechnology.com   jlarkin at highlandtechnology dot com

Re: Interesting product

I get my best ones when having a brewsky. So should we exempt EEs from
DUI laws? Oh wait, something like that has already been done in ... you
guessed it ... Ireland:

http://drinkingmadeeasy.com/booze-in-the-news/irish-county-votes-to-allow-leniency-on-drunk-driving/

--
Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com/

Re: Interesting product
On Thu, 31 Jan 2013 21:34:21 -0800, John Larkin

[snip]

Agreed!

Last year, when I did that three month gig on Long Island, I was holed
up in an Extended America Hotel with a typical weeny shower head.

So I went to the local Lowe's and bought two channel-lock and one
needle-node pliers and a European-style hand-shower.

Unscrewed the original shower head, and replaced it with mine (flow
restrictor removed) for the duration.  (Probably a crime in NY State
:-)

FedEx'd it back to myself when I left, and put the pliers and
hand-shower into my extended travel kit ;-)

                                        ...Jim Thompson
--
| James E.Thompson, CTO                            |    mens     |
| Analog Innovations, Inc.                         |     et      |

message

Nothing like a good Euro-hand-shower, especially when you are holed up
in a lonely yank hotel...........can't get no...... satisfaction etc......

When you're onto a  good thing, stick to it. (or vice versa!)

Just joking!!!!!

Re: Interesting product
<http://www.coolproductsusa.com/shop/led-shower-head-with-temperature-sensor/?fb_action_ids39%21615035746&fb_action_types=og.likes&fb_source=hovercard&fb_aggregation_id24%6965925417366

Yeah you could but how would you do it in a consumer product flogged for
$10.

Found a video here, doesn't look as bright as in the advert:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG1ZDpPA5l4

Re: Interesting product

  In an apartment, where the water is free, one could use such a device
to generate some of their electrical need.  Wasting much free water, of
course.  But folks do that all the time these days.

Site Timeline