incandescent ban

What about lighting that relies on special shapes like candles. some chandeliers etc, cant get fluros in those shapes What about incandescent floods and spots or do they only mean standard bulbs

Reply to
F Murtz

On Thu, 22 Feb 2007 23:37:53 +1100, F Murtz put finger to keyboard and composed:

Some industry spokespeople are already campaigning for obvious exemptions, eg for oven and fridge lights.

- Franc Zabkar

Franc Zabkar

Who cares about chandeliers. Their owners seem to have a bigger place than mine. Let them get "special" higher priced lamps if it eventuates. What sort of crazy person has chandeliers in this day and age. That would go against the hippy image wouldn't it?

Reply to
Jonno

chandeliers dont have to be opulent monstrocities Small Spanish style wrought iron and wood and loads of other ornamental lights that rely on lamp shape Owners with big houses also have rights. Also cant use dimmers easily on fluoros I dont think that they have thought this through Also I heard that an american state is thinking of banning cfl's (ecological reasons?)

Reply to
F Murtz

"F Murtz"

** Yeah - the glorious US state of California !!!!!!

Otherwise known across the country as the " breakfast cereal state " ....

Co its just bung full of " nuts, fruits and loops ... "

...... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

Nice one, centurion. Like it, like it.

[Pinched from Monty Python's Life Of Brian]
Reply to
Bob Parker

The actual saying is California, the Granola state...full of fruits, nuts and flakes.

Reply to
Lord Garth

Along with the state of New Jersey, or so I read recently.

Regards,

Chas.

(To email me replace 'xxx' with tango papa golf)

Chas

The whole bloody country more like it ;)

Reply to
kreed