In Europe: The great CFL rip-off. - Page 2

Re: In Europe: The great CFL rip-off.

Some Philips CLFs I have quote a 6000 hour life, and claim that's
equivalent to 6 incandescents. However, some, albeit "long life"
incandescents I have quote a 2500 hour life. Philips are presumably
comparing with a very cheap incandescent.

6000 hour is about 4 years at 4 hours per day.

If your CFLs are only lasting 8 months at a similar level of usage, then
it's time to start keeping note, and getting refunds.

Time to start?

Sylvia.

Re: In Europe: The great CFL rip-off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/08/31/euro-chiefs-dim-view-of-eco-bulbs-115875-21636908 /

**Stop buying crap CFLs. My only failure has been when a possum sat/fell on
one. I only buy decent quality (Philips branded) ones though.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: In Europe: The great CFL rip-off.

"Trevor Wilson

**  Barley any of them are now left on sale - particularly scare are the BC
fiting kind.

** Will be banned from sale within 2 years.

** Shame when the whole damn place is full of such fittings.

**  Folk are still installing them now

 -  despite the fact they are ear marked to be banned within a very few
years.

Everything about the way CFLs are being made compulsory is a scam and a
scandal.

May all the lunatic greenies burn in hell for it.

....  Phil

Re: In Europe: The great CFL rip-off.

a scam and a scandal.

Amen to that!

Re: In Europe: The great CFL rip-off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/08/31/euro-chiefs-dim-view-of-eco-bulbs-115875-21636908 /

Exactly.

Same here.

Yep.
Until then I like my CFL's. Not perfect, but more than good enough for me to
replace every light in my house with them.

Dave.

Re: In Europe: The great CFL rip-off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/08/31/euro-chiefs-dim-view-of-eco-bulbs-115875-21636908 /
If you like them, fine, but for many lights, eg closets, bathrooms etc,
they just aren't used enough to make any real savings.

Re: In Europe: The great CFL rip-off.

Whether he needs to or not !

geoff

Re: In Europe: The great CFL rip-off.

Pair of Philips so far - one dies after 2 days, the other 5 months.

Yep for sure in principal, but it never seems to actually happen in real
life.....

geoff

Re: In Europe: The great CFL rip-off.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-stories/2009/08/31/euro-chiefs-dim-view-of-eco-bulbs-115875-21636908 /

Rating lamps in lumens, an actual measureof brightness ( at last ) will
stop this rip-off.

Graham

Site Timeline