Illiterate troll rips off our old posts

On Aug 7, 2003 I posted the following request to aus.electronics.

Rectifier diode with low Vf:
http://groups.google.com/group/aus.electronics/msg/9431e6657692ccd9?dmode=source

On Aug 7, 2005 the following intentionally illiterate rip-off appeared
here:
http://www.diyforums.net/rectifier-diode-with-low-vf-97497.html

It was attributed to someone calling himself "cfarmand", a name that
he possibly ripped off as well.

All the replies are also illiterate rip-offs.

It appears that this guy is one sick troll who targets web based
forums.

Here are more examples:

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.home.repair/msg/1b13701ca63d4040?dmode=source
(25 Nov 2002)
http://www.diyforums.net/garage-door-opener-motor-wont-reverse-296476.html
(2006/11/10)

http://groups.google.com/group/rec.photo.digital/msg/ad6200e62a8eb78c?dmode=source
(July 9, 2003)
http://www.photographyboard.net/which-kodak-3481413.html (2006/4/14)

- Franc Zabkar

Re: Illiterate troll rips off our old posts

I'm glad he has moved web to based groups. He used to frequent
comp.lang.java.programmer and target regular posters there.
Incidentally, the illiterate style is generated by a computer program
using your text as input.

Re: Illiterate troll rips off our old posts

What is the point? To stimulate dicussion and scape email address'?

Re: Illiterate troll rips off our old posts

No, just to irritate people. I assume the motive is similar to that of
virus writers or children that attack telephone boxes.

Site Timeline