If you thought that Conroy is a looney

Try this

http://www.zdnet.com.au/internet-kill-switch-proposed-for-us-339303838.htm

It is improbable that the yanks could kill the internet as a whole, but
maybe it is time to make sure that there are enough resources in the
rest of the world to carry on without them.

Note also the bit about making software suppliers immune from any
consiquences of their foulups.

Re: If you thought that Conroy is a looney

why don't you be more accurate:

"A new US Senate Bill would grant the President far-reaching emergency
powers to seize control of, or even shut down, portions of the internet."

Re: If you thought that Conroy is a looney

No its impossible

Re: If you thought that Conroy is a looney

"Dr Sir John Howard, AC, WSCMoF"

We would have Austnet controlled by the dudd. The more beds ya find the more
Reds there are. I am not paranoid, well maybe not today.

Re: If you thought that Conroy is a looney

 So Googling "google" will NOT cause an infinite loop and bring the
internet to its knees?  Damned fibbers.  Can't trust anyone nowadays.

Re: If you thought that Conroy is a looney

Pssfftt!!! So what if they killed the Internet? I'll just restore it
from my backup :)

Re: If you thought that Conroy is a looney

Geoff Lock, you Rock!

(best laugh I have had all week)

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie

Re: If you thought that Conroy is a looney

I can't claim any credit for it, it's an oldie which has done the rounds
before :)

Re: If you thought that Conroy is a looney

Taint gunna happen, you watch.

Impossible, actually.

of the world to carry on without them.

Nope, thats there already.

of their foulups.

Thats not going to happen either, you watch.

Site Timeline