IEC socket punch

Any ideas on a source for an IEC socket punch for steel chassis? RS
Components have them, but at horrendous cost.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: IEC socket punch

   How about cutting the holes with a Nibbler?

--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Re: IEC socket punch

**That would option #2.

--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Re: IEC socket punch

   I used to use a Greenlee chassis punch made for the P&B KHP series
relay socket and shape the ends with a nibbler until someone swiped over
$1000 of punches.  They got everything except the 1/2" "D" punch for 3AG
fuseholders.  I'm looking at a table top milling machine to cut holes,
but I'll have to save up my spare change to buy another expensive toy.
:(
--
Former professional electron wrangler.

Michael A. Terrell
Re: IEC socket punch

IIRC many years back we bought one from AllTools.

Ken

Re: IEC socket punch

I see most computer power supplies have a rectangular
hole which the IEC chassis connector covers fully.
About 22 x 27 mm in size. That'd be about 7/8" by 1&
1/8" approximately: is there a punch that size?.

Re: IEC socket punch

  Bugger: $325 for a punch!!, I was planning to make
one for a lever press at some stage but then I have
access to a friend who made dies for a living once
so I can use his expertise.

Site Timeline