IE9 does not run on Windows XP - Page 5

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

A d type in oz?
that would be rare. wasn't an e?

Or do you mean a vintage car?

I had an FJ holden for years, and drove one recently, and was horrified. :-)

Then, my first car was a 1924 Rugby.
My first registered car was a 1938 Morris 8/40

Cheers Don...

=============

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.dontronics.com/blog
Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Had a play with one of them as well. I'm now waiting for the rebuild of
another E so I can have a fiddle. Yep depends on who you know.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

I had a VC Commodore with the 5 litre V8. All of 160 KW!

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

There are 2 I know about and there is a place that makes fibreglass body
copies to shove on a chassis, somewhere in Vic....well used to be anyway.

Never driven an FJ. Driven an EH, a HD, a HK, HT, HG and VN as well as
assorted early 70s Toranas and now own a Captiva which is only front
wheel drive but the suspension is good enough for mild off road stuff
AND is has ESP which is great. Went for a 30K run down a dirt road when
it was dry and the dirt was like sand in spots so the car, at about 60K
may start to drift. The ESP put on the required brake on the correct
wheel and brought it back into line before I even had a chance to do a
thing. Also on a REAL bad dirt downhill in it with shitloads of gravel
and it has a downhill descent in it. Put that on and chucked it into
neutral and the car used the handbrake brakes to slow it down. Handbrake
brakes are drum in it and all wheels are disc. Strange thing having a
second lot of brakes on a car, for me.

First car I ever owned was an old Austin A40 (Farina model). Loved it,
still think about it and so on.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/251335,ie9-a-non-event-for-most-businesses.aspx

Did you wipe the evidence off the seat when you finished? :)

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
IE9 doesnt work on Win7 either!! IT refused to click through to several ebay
listings. Back to Ie8 and all is well again. Ferk MS.

============

--
Don McKenzie

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

That would be your machine's problem. No problem with various levels of
Win 7 and IE9 here.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Yes that's right. If you want to fix the Bugs in IE8 you have to
Buy Windoze 7 and install a new set of bugs called IE9
If you want the bugs Fixed in IE9 you will have to Buy a new pile
of Bugs called Windoze 8 when it's half way finished after it escapes
(I mean released) from Redmond later this year.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
On Mon, 04 Apr 2011 16:19:41 +1000, son of a bitch

If you want a browser that is unusable at time you want Firefox.
They still can't fix it.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

I think you left out a word, as that doesn't make sense.

It's never been broken for me.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which probably influences my opinions.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/251335,ie9-a-non-event-for-most-businesses.aspx

FF fails with some links and some pages, crashes, and is a magnet
for viruses. FF won't work with my Cisco 2950 switch.

PC user cover CD

If you are using Firefox, or some other web Browser other than
Microsoft Internet Explorer you may occasionaly see this error - or
something similar - when you click to install a program from this
disc..

"InstallShieldEngine (ikernel.exe) could not be installed":

This is because the setup routine for this program is not contained in
a single file. When you clicked Open (as is the case with Mozilla
Firefox) your browser has first 'downloaded' the file to your hard
drive, then tried to run it. Trouble is it only downloaded the
setup.exe file to your PC without the rest of the program's
installation files.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/251335,ie9-a-non-event-for-most-businesses.aspx

Never seen those.

Never seen that either.

Never seen that either.

Like I said, it's never been broken or me. You are probably not a
typical user.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which probably influences my opinions.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Exactly, either someone with a special system, or requirements who
never works outside of that area, or
a paid shill for microsoft, who has got little chance on here of
anyone listening to him or taking him seriously.

Maybe MS should just keep their money ?

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

user.

Utterly mindless conspiracy theory. No one is silly enought to pay BoG to do
anything anymore.

seriously.

You in spades.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
On Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:21:43 +1000, "Rod Speed"

user.
anything anymore.

Never did.

seriously.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

I left out a letter. Should be times.

How much is Mozzila paying people to promote their product?
They would be better spending the money fixing FF.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Ah, in that case, you also left out a comma after it.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which probably influences my opinions.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/251335,ie9-a-non-event-for-most-businesses.aspx
True
  clueless and nfi for him

--

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
http://www.itnews.com.au/News/251335,ie9-a-non-event-for-most-businesses.aspx
It is possible to make a web page that depends on the quirks if IE.
Quite a lot of our internal pages at work are like that especially the
ones created by the IT department.

You just install ietab to cover these stupid cases, just right click the
page and select ietab and it uses the IE engine for that tab only.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/251335,ie9-a-non-event-for-most-businesses.aspx

What about when FF refuses to work with a link or does not render
a page properly?
I still use FF but there are times when I am forced to switch to
another browser.

Site Timeline