IE9 does not run on Windows XP

That could be. I have a Cisco 2950 network switch with a built in web server for settings and stats. FF ignores most of the links from the main page so I use IE. Do you think Cisco would use non-standard links?

Reply to
Barry

Yes I find Chrome very buggy also. Where it is useful is reading foreign newspapers it has a Auto Translator for most languages

FF I like the spell checker. Not come accross one that works well in IE

-- Petzl

Petzl

Of course I would think so. I work with Linksys ADSL routers which use ActiveX for VPN - ActiveX is propertiary technology that only works with IE and only run under Windows, it is not compatible with anything else and it is not part of any standard. It is just Cisco's/Linksy's way of saying most of our customers are Windows based and f*ck the rest.

On the other hand I run old HP printserver that serves Java applications to web client (browser) and it works great in Firefox. BTW that print server is very old and probably was designed before Firefox but it was designed to adhere to recognized standards.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

1: you probably are looking at static content 2: it's displaying not downloading. 3: it's probably not IE displaying it.

If you offer content for download (using the header "Content-Disposition: Attachment" etc. ) and flag it as Dynamic ( using the header "Pragma: no-cache") and serve the page over HTTPS IE spits the dummy.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

no-cache")

Damn! I am going to have to complain to all those places like smh.com.au and sales sites and to the makers of Dreamweaver which I used to make dynamic sites. Even used Expression Web. I always thought that dynamic content coming on over https and http were real. Now you tell me it was all faked! I am so floored!

Reply to
Huge Ackman

IE9 doesnt work on Win7 either!! IT refused to click through to several ebay listings. Back to Ie8 and all is well again. Ferk MS.

IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Cheers Don...

============

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
LuR

Yes that's right. If you want to fix the Bugs in IE8 you have to Buy Windoze 7 and install a new set of bugs called IE9 If you want the bugs Fixed in IE9 you will have to Buy a new pile of Bugs called Windoze 8 when it's half way finished after it escapes (I mean released) from Redmond later this year.

Reply to
son of a bitch

That would be your machine's problem. No problem with various levels of Win 7 and IE9 here.

Reply to
Huge Ackman

If you want a browser that is unusable at time you want Firefox. They still can't fix it.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

I think you left out a word, as that doesn't make sense.

It's never been broken for me.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which probably influences my opinions.

FF fails with some links and some pages, crashes, and is a magnet for viruses. FF won't work with my Cisco 2950 switch.

PC user cover CD

If you are using Firefox, or some other web Browser other than Microsoft Internet Explorer you may occasionaly see this error - or something similar - when you click to install a program from this disc..

"InstallShieldEngine (ikernel.exe) could not be installed":

This is because the setup routine for this program is not contained in a single file. When you clicked Open (as is the case with Mozilla Firefox) your browser has first 'downloaded' the file to your hard drive, then tried to run it. Trouble is it only downloaded the setup.exe file to your PC without the rest of the program's installation files.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Never seen those.

Never seen that either.

Never seen that either.

Like I said, it's never been broken or me. You are probably not a typical user.

--
Long-time resident of Adelaide, South Australia,
which probably influences my opinions.
Reply to
annily

s...

Exactly, either someone with a special system, or requirements who never works outside of that area, or a paid shill for microsoft, who has got little chance on here of anyone listening to him or taking him seriously.

Maybe MS should just keep their money ?

Reply to
kreed

kreed wrote

user.

Utterly mindless conspiracy theory. No one is silly enought to pay BoG to do anything anymore.

seriously.

You in spades.

Reply to
Rod Speed

True clueless and nfi for him

--
Reply to
atec77

It is possible to make a web page that depends on the quirks if IE. Quite a lot of our internal pages at work are like that especially the ones created by the IT department.

You just install ietab to cover these stupid cases, just right click the page and select ietab and it uses the IE engine for that tab only.

Reply to
keithr

You are probably not a typical user.

Reply to
Barry

I left out a letter. Should be times.

How much is Mozzila paying people to promote their product? They would be better spending the money fixing FF.

Reply to
Barry

What about when FF refuses to work with a link or does not render a page properly? I still use FF but there are times when I am forced to switch to another browser.

Reply to
Barry

blame the idiots designing the page.

Reply to