IE9 does not run on Windows XP - Page 4

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

No, it doesn't.

Look at the list again - It highlights that OLD add-ons, written BY
THIRD PARTIES (who on Earth do you think released the Java plugin, or
the McAfee addon for Firefox?) are incompatible with newer versions of
Firefox.

You're wrong.  Here's a hint:  The Java plugin is maintained by
*Oracle*.  And ALL of the other add-ons you listed are maintained by
other companies, /NOT/ Mozilla.

/If/ they were from Mozilla, they'd be part of the stock program, not an
'add-on'.

--
Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org /

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

That's no excuse for Mozilla to keep changeing FF to prevent add ons
working.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

The developers of the add-ons have a simple choice.  Continue
development to remain compatible, let someone else take over, or let the
add-on die.

Do you think that all of the add-ons that were developed for Internet
Explorer 6.x magically work with IE 7, 8 or 9?

(They don't.  HTH)

--
Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org /

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

It's now "normal" because of the browser wars to have some web sites
work with some browsers and not others.
I have faced up to using three Internet Explorer, Firefox (main) and
Google Chjrome (like reading foriegn news and it auto translates,
probably the most buggy though)
--
Petzl
Liberal Labor? Pot Kettle?

They are jus the 2 wings on the same bird of prey

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Been known for ages that IE9 isnt for XP. They would rather you buy new
than they support old. XP is just old.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

very reliable, stable and well documented though
will take some time for 7 to reach that stage.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

And lot of real working software (like PLC development, micro
programming) doesn't run yet on Vista or 7

Tom

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

SP1 is out for W7

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Surprisingly, it made my 2 64 bit Win 7s run a hell of a lot faster when
I put it in. Cant say why as nothing was going wrong with them before,
one which I only built the end of Jan 2011 and only a slacker machine,
I3 with 4gigs ram for dull jobs. The other, a laptop bought in 2007 only
a 1.86Mhz C2D with 4gigs. The laptop has 64 bit architecture, though -
the other doesnt. Still, both a real lot faster.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Everything good takes time to please people. Win XP is old and is
starting to be left out already. Oh sure, it will be years before it is
"win 98" old but it has already started down that path.

I know it seems unfair to update for the heck of it and if all you do is
the odd web site gawking and a bit of email and the usual crap, you dont
really need more. Hell, you can still drive a 1964 EH Holden if you want
- they were reliable and well built. It's just that all the bells and
whistles you get these days with newer cars arent in the EH as it was
built. Things exist in Win 7 that dont exist in XP. If you want or need
the new things or just want to remain viable, with your computer, for
longer, you will eventually choose to update but that doesnt mean that
Win 98SE wont work for you with a lot of web sites and email.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 14:26:32 +1100, Huge Ackman

Just "upgraded" to IE9 (home edition Win& 32 bit) and its still brokem
crap! Have to use Fire Fox as main browser
--
Petzl
Liberal Labor? Pot Kettle?

IE9 works here and pretty damned fast, too. What's broken for you?

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
On Fri, 18 Mar 2011 23:14:25 +1100, Huge Ackman

Yeah sure not according to everyone I know
Something has changed on its cookie storage/handling which means I
can't log into many websites. Commenting/messages on places like
YouTube/Twitter/Facebook and others is pretty useless, the pagelayout
from IE7 changed and don't like it,
Fact is FireFox works where IE8 and now IE9 don't and now use three
browsers (FF,IE,Chrome) whereas before I only used "Internet
Explorer".  Futher fact is Microsoft since Gates left has become buggy
junk I will be faceing up to giving Google Chrome if they can get it
working
--
Petzl
Liberal Labor? Pot Kettle?

Part of the problem with browsers not working, I have found over many
years, is some people installing every damned one there is. I have FF4
and IE9 on mine and it works well. I have UNINSTALLED Chrome from many
machines and problems just disappear. This isnt to say that Chrome is
the problem itself but that something along with Chrome caused the
problem. I dont like Chrome, I must admit. FF4 is probably the fastest I
have ever seen a browser work to date.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
On Fri, 25 Mar 2011 13:23:56 +1100, Huge Ackman

Yes I find Chrome very buggy also. Where it is useful is reading
foreign newspapers it has a Auto Translator for most languages

FF I like the spell checker. Not come accross one that works well in
IE
--
Petzl
http://home.iprimus.com.au/petzl/Mono.htm

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

can you hit this URL with it and tell me if the "download source" link
works. I spent several hours trying to report it to microsoft but they
didnt appear to have a free bug reporting service.

 https://www.smtpcorp.com/iebug/iebug.php

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

..And thats bad because...

David

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Nothing wrong with old stuff. I reckon the D-type Jag was one of the
better looking machines built of its era. Hell, vintage cars can bring
in a lot of money, too!

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Yep had a bit of a play in one just the other day.

Site Timeline