IE9 does not run on Windows XP

[long list deleted] that's a long list of buggy non-mozilla software, are you trying to make some sort of point?

If you're going to quote my sig quote it correctly.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Its a list of software Firefox won't work with because it is poorly written and Mozilla are not prepared to write proper code.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

No! The list is from Mozzilla itself.

It highlights the fact that Mozilla can't write compatible code.

It is up to mozilla to write compatible code.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

comparable with nothing considered std in the industry , I guess you mean the s**te m/s tries to use instead of industry std which smacks of empire building

--
Reply to
atec77

why should Firefox be required to work with poorly written code.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

It is stuff from other parties, not Mozilla that wont work under FF. Just as possible that these 3rd parties did a piss poor job of their code, didn't check it with Firefox or wrote it for IE only.

If nothing else, Mozilla does come out and say not to use it, rather than say nothing and letting people (including the developers of these items) have constant troubles that are hard to locate the cause after using these items.

Reply to
kreed

No, it doesn't.

Look at the list again - It highlights that OLD add-ons, written BY THIRD PARTIES (who on Earth do you think released the Java plugin, or the McAfee addon for Firefox?) are incompatible with newer versions of Firefox.

You're wrong. Here's a hint: The Java plugin is maintained by

*Oracle*. And ALL of the other add-ons you listed are maintained by other companies, /NOT/ Mozilla.

/If/ they were from Mozilla, they'd be part of the stock program, not an 'add-on'.

Andy

Why does Mozzila keep making Firefox updates that break formally working add ons? Is it deliberate or they just incompetent? Why does Firefox ignore some links forcing us to go to IE?

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Doesn't it bother you that an add on you have been using suddenly is not compatible?

Reply to
Barry OGrady

have

Doesn't it bother you that an add on you have been using is suddenly not compatible with a FF update? Doesn't it bother you that FF will not work with some links? It happens less often but it still happens.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

That's no excuse for Mozilla to keep changeing FF to prevent add ons working.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Because everyone tests their web site with IE, and most dont bother to see if it works with Firefox.

Reply to
Rod Speed

it works with Firefox.

You are very correct Rod, I'm sure that is what they do.

Strangely, I do it the other way, always test on FF, then goto IE before publishing.

But I'm a Dinosaur. Dead ugly too!

Cheers Don...

=======================

-- Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:

Dontronics Site Map:
E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

I just test with FF and don't bother with IE and no one has complained.

IE does some strange things with the font sizes which you have to be careful, but something tells me that current versions have that sorted.

I work with Dreamweaver and that's mostly clean and works with most popular browsers.

Reply to
Rob

The developers of the add-ons have a simple choice. Continue development to remain compatible, let someone else take over, or let the add-on die.

Do you think that all of the add-ons that were developed for Internet Explorer 6.x magically work with IE 7, 8 or 9?

(They don't. HTH)

Andy

That should be: some sites don't care a flying turd about Internet standards.

Reply to
asdf

Part of the problem with browsers not working, I have found over many years, is some people installing every damned one there is. I have FF4 and IE9 on mine and it works well. I have UNINSTALLED Chrome from many machines and problems just disappear. This isnt to say that Chrome is the problem itself but that something along with Chrome caused the problem. I dont like Chrome, I must admit. FF4 is probably the fastest I have ever seen a browser work to date.

Reply to
Huge Ackman

Did you wipe the evidence off the seat when you finished? :)

Reply to
Huge Ackman

There are 2 I know about and there is a place that makes fibreglass body copies to shove on a chassis, somewhere in Vic....well used to be anyway.

Never driven an FJ. Driven an EH, a HD, a HK, HT, HG and VN as well as assorted early 70s Toranas and now own a Captiva which is only front wheel drive but the suspension is good enough for mild off road stuff AND is has ESP which is great. Went for a 30K run down a dirt road when it was dry and the dirt was like sand in spots so the car, at about 60K may start to drift. The ESP put on the required brake on the correct wheel and brought it back into line before I even had a chance to do a thing. Also on a REAL bad dirt downhill in it with shitloads of gravel and it has a downhill descent in it. Put that on and chucked it into neutral and the car used the handbrake brakes to slow it down. Handbrake brakes are drum in it and all wheels are disc. Strange thing having a second lot of brakes on a car, for me.

First car I ever owned was an old Austin A40 (Farina model). Loved it, still think about it and so on.

Reply to
Huge Ackman

upgrade, or call a browser, and they do

the default browser.

discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against

called expert in that article claims 67 per

Gee... then I am not REALLY watching videos over https when I thoght I was? What was I looking at, then?

Reply to
Huge Ackman