IE9 does not run on Windows XP

And lot of real working software (like PLC development, micro programming) doesn't run yet on Vista or 7

Tom

Reply to
Tom

SP1 is out for W7

Reply to
Rob

..And thats bad because...

David

Reply to
David Ross

Just "upgraded" to IE9 (home edition Win& 32 bit) and its still brokem crap! Have to use Fire Fox as main browser

-- Petzl Liberal Labor? Pot Kettle? Ask your MP on their stand on a Moslem moratorium! Vote 1, Christian Democratic Party, for one Vote 2 Pauline Hanson for Senate

.
Liberal Labor are like the Roman Republic where rich politicians try and induce votes by bribing plebians with elaborate promises and colloseum games.

Reply to
Petzl

Everything good takes time to please people. Win XP is old and is starting to be left out already. Oh sure, it will be years before it is "win 98" old but it has already started down that path.

I know it seems unfair to update for the heck of it and if all you do is the odd web site gawking and a bit of email and the usual crap, you dont really need more. Hell, you can still drive a 1964 EH Holden if you want

- they were reliable and well built. It's just that all the bells and whistles you get these days with newer cars arent in the EH as it was built. Things exist in Win 7 that dont exist in XP. If you want or need the new things or just want to remain viable, with your computer, for longer, you will eventually choose to update but that doesnt mean that Win 98SE wont work for you with a lot of web sites and email.

Reply to
Huge Ackman

Surprisingly, it made my 2 64 bit Win 7s run a hell of a lot faster when I put it in. Cant say why as nothing was going wrong with them before, one which I only built the end of Jan 2011 and only a slacker machine, I3 with 4gigs ram for dull jobs. The other, a laptop bought in 2007 only a 1.86Mhz C2D with 4gigs. The laptop has 64 bit architecture, though - the other doesnt. Still, both a real lot faster.

Reply to
Huge Ackman

induce votes by bribing plebians with elaborate promises and colloseum games.

IE9 works here and pretty damned fast, too. What's broken for you?

Reply to
Huge Ackman

Nothing wrong with old stuff. I reckon the D-type Jag was one of the better looking machines built of its era. Hell, vintage cars can bring in a lot of money, too!

Reply to
Huge Ackman

Yeah sure not according to everyone I know Something has changed on its cookie storage/handling which means I can't log into many websites. Commenting/messages on places like YouTube/Twitter/Facebook and others is pretty useless, the pagelayout from IE7 changed and don't like it, Fact is FireFox works where IE8 and now IE9 don't and now use three browsers (FF,IE,Chrome) whereas before I only used "Internet Explorer". Futher fact is Microsoft since Gates left has become buggy junk I will be faceing up to giving Google Chrome if they can get it working

-- Petzl Liberal Labor? Pot Kettle? Ask your MP on their stand on a Moslem moratorium! Vote 1, Christian Democratic Party, for one Vote 2 Pauline Hanson for Senate

.
Liberal Labor are like the Roman Republic where rich politicians try and induce votes by bribing plebians with elaborate promises and colloseum games.

Reply to
Petzl

Yep had a bit of a play in one just the other day.

Reply to
Rob

How's these stats. Off an image data base.

Windows XP 15481 (47.4 %) Windows 7 5289 (16.2 %) Macintosh 5177 (15.8 %) Windows Vista 4694 (14.3 %) Windows 1329 (4.0 %) Unknown 511 (1.5 %) Windows 2003 Server 70 (0.2 %) Windows 2000 35 (0.1 %) Windows 98 10 (0.0 %) iPhone 3 (0.0 %)

IE8 11603 (35.5 %) Firefox 8177 (25.0 %) IE7 5492 (16.8 %) Safari 3183 (9.7 %) Chrome 2671 (8.1 %) IE6 1208 (3.7 %) Unknown 139 (0.4 %) Opera 87 (0.2 %) IE5.5 24 (0.0 %) IE5.0 8 (0.0 %) Flock 4 (0.0 %) iPhone 3 (0.0 %)

Reply to
Rob

A d type in oz? that would be rare. wasn't an e?

Or do you mean a vintage car?

I had an FJ holden for years, and drove one recently, and was horrified. :-)

Then, my first car was a 1924 Rugby. My first registered car was a 1938 Morris 8/40

Cheers Don...

=============

--
Don McKenzie

Dontronics Blog:     http://www.dontronics.com/blog
Dontronics Site Map: http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
Reply to
Don McKenzie

upgrade, or call a browser, and they do

the default browser.

discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against

called expert in that article claims 67 per

IE can't download dynamic content over https.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Unlike Microsoft I have never heard on Mozilla doing anything like that.

--
?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

Had a play with one of them as well. I'm now waiting for the rebuild of another E so I can have a fiddle. Yep depends on who you know.

Reply to
Rob

can you hit this URL with it and tell me if the "download source" link works. I spent several hours trying to report it to microsoft but they didnt appear to have a free bug reporting service.

?? 100% natural

Jasen Betts

here is a list of major Firefox bugs that Mazilla has not fixed.

Add-ons Blocklist

This page lists blocklisted add-ons that should no longer be used with Mozilla products.

  • McAfee Site Advisor, versions below 3.3.1 for Firefox 4. Reason: incompatibility breaks core Firefox features (see bug 637542) * RelevantKnowledge, version 1.3.328.4 and below for Firefox. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 615518) * Java 2 Plugin v1.5_00-1.6_99. Reason: These versions of the Java plugin are no longer supported by Oracle and cause severe stability issues for Firefox 3.6 and later (see bug 634639) * Bandoo, version 5.0 for Firefox 3.6a1pre and higher. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 629634) * Shopper Reports, version 3.1.22.0 for all applications. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 630191) * Browser Update, all versions. Reason: spyware/adware with no user value masquerading as a Firefox update (see bug 629717) * Skype extension, versions below 5.2.0.7165 for Firefox. Reason: high volume of crashes and severe performance issues. Please update to the latest version. For more information, please read our announcement. * Bing Bar for Firefox. Reason: security issue, blocked at Microsoft's request (see
    * Default Manager, v2.2 for Firefox. Reason: security issue, blocked at Microsoft's request (see
    * Search Helper Extension, v1.0 for Firefox. Reason: security issue, blocked at Microsoft's request (see
    * Internet Download Manager, v2.1-3.3 for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer. Reason: caused startup crashes (see bug 382356). * Free Download Manager, v1.0-1.3.1 for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 408445). * Yahoo Application State Plugin, v1.0.0.5 and older for Firefox
3.0a1 and newer. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 419127). * Vietnamese Language Pack, v2.0 for all applications. Reason: corrupted files (see bug 432406). * Apple QuickTime Plugin, v7.1.*, for all Firefox 3 versions on Windows. Reason: remote code execution in multiple versions (see bug 430826). * Crawler Toolbar, for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 441649). * Daemon Tools Toolbar, versions older than 1.0.0.5, for all applications. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 459850). * AVG SafeSearch, versions older than 8.5, for all applications. Reason: high crash volume and stability issues (see bug 527135). * Enigmail, versions older than 0.97a, for Thunderbird 3.0pre and newer. Reason: high crash volume and other stability issues (see bug 531047). Users should update Enigmail. * YSlow, version 2.0.5, for Firefox 3.5.7 and newer. Reason: high crash volume and other stability issues (see bug 542686). Users should update to YSlow 2.0.6. * Viewpoint Media Player, all versions, for Firefox 3.0 and newer. Reason: vendor claims incompatibility with 3.0+, high crash volume and other stability issues (see bug 539282). For more information, visit the vendor page. * Java Deployment Toolkit, versions 6.0.200.0 and older. Reason: security vulnerabilities (see bug 558584). For more information, visit the vendor page. * Internet Download Manager, versions 6.9.8 and older, for Firefox 3.7a1pre and newer. Reason: high crash volume and other stability issues (see bug 578443).
Reply to
Barry OGrady

I had a VC Commodore with the 5 litre V8. All of 160 KW!

Reply to
Barry OGrady

On 19 Mar 2011 08:03:22 GMT, Jasen Betts wrote:

upgrade, or call a browser, and they do

the default browser.

discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against

called expert in that article claims 67 per

Firefox bugs

[...]

It seems you're confused.

Everything you listed is an add-on to Firefox developed by third parties. It's /not/ up to Mozilla to fix these add-ons, but the people developing them. Half of them just recommended updating to the latest version, which FF usually does automatically anyway.

(I hope you didn't spend too long digging this up.)

Andy