IE9 does not run on Windows XP - Page 2

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

upgrade, or call a browser, and they do
the default browser.
discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against
called expert in that article claims 67 per

Firefox still has bugs that make it unusable at times.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
all,

That used to be the case... but these days I havent found anything that
doesnt work that runs ok in ie... to a point that occasionally I get a
page not work as expected and I cut the URL into ie and it does the
same...  My paranoia from years gone by has forced me into trying ie but
lately I have been very happy that Firefox is as compatible as ie.

Mik

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

I had to copy and paste a url from Firefox to IE for an insurance
quote site. Firefox ignored the link but IE worked, and that is not
the first time.
Having said that I do use Firefox as my default browser.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Or webpages are none standard?
IME, FF bugs are fixed very quickly.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:16:26 +1100, terryc

Firefox still does not work with some links, and that bug is not
even acknowledged by FF promoters.
FF is constantly being updated to fix bugs that are not even
acknowledged.
How much does Mozilla pay people to pretend to like their product?

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

I don't ever recall ever paying Mozilla anything for anything, and I love tbird
and ff.

Is this a trick question Barry?

Cheers Don...

=========================

--
Don McKenzie

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Exactly.

Except it's not a 'bug' in Firefox if the page is badly coded (usually
occurs when it's been authored with something awful like 'Frontpage'
incidentally.)

Good grief - Are you actually suggesting that regular bug-fixes are a
*bad* thing?

--
Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org /

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

FF 4.0 out very soon BTW

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Unlike Microsoft I have never heard on Mozilla doing anything like
that.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
upgrade, or call a browser, and they do
the default browser.
discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against
called expert in that article claims 67 per
it must be a microsoft coder then you apologist fanboi dick

--

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
upgrade, or call a browser, and they do
the default browser.
discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against
called expert in that article claims 67 per

IE can't download dynamic content over https.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

upgrade, or call a browser, and they do
the default browser.
discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against
called expert in that article claims 67 per

Firefox bugs

Add-ons Blocklist

This page lists blocklisted add-ons that should no longer be used with
Mozilla products.

    * McAfee Site Advisor, versions below 3.3.1 for Firefox 4. Reason:
incompatibility breaks core Firefox features (see bug 637542)
    * RelevantKnowledge, version 1.3.328.4 and below for Firefox.
Reason: high crash volume (see bug 615518)
    * Java 2 Plugin v1.5_00-1.6_99. Reason: These versions of the Java
plugin are no longer supported by Oracle and cause severe stability
issues for Firefox 3.6 and later (see bug 634639)
    * Bandoo, version 5.0 for Firefox 3.6a1pre and higher. Reason:
high crash volume (see bug 629634)
    * Shopper Reports, version 3.1.22.0 for all applications. Reason:
high crash volume (see bug 630191)
    * Browser Update, all versions. Reason: spyware/adware with no
user value masquerading as a Firefox update (see bug 629717)
    * Skype extension, versions below 5.2.0.7165 for Firefox. Reason:
high volume of crashes and severe performance issues. Please update to
the latest version. For more information, please read our
announcement.
    * Bing Bar for Firefox. Reason: security issue, blocked at
Microsoft's request (see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2430460 ).
    * Default Manager, v2.2 for Firefox. Reason: security issue,
blocked at Microsoft's request (see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2430460 ).
    * Search Helper Extension, v1.0 for Firefox. Reason: security
issue, blocked at Microsoft's request (see
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2430460 ).
    * Internet Download Manager, v2.1-3.3 for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer.
Reason: caused startup crashes (see bug 382356).
    * Free Download Manager, v1.0-1.3.1 for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer.
Reason: high crash volume (see bug 408445).
    * Yahoo Application State Plugin, v1.0.0.5 and older for Firefox
3.0a1 and newer. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 419127).
    * Vietnamese Language Pack, v2.0 for all applications. Reason:
corrupted files (see bug 432406).
    * Apple QuickTime Plugin, v7.1.*, for all Firefox 3 versions on
Windows. Reason: remote code execution in multiple versions (see bug
430826).
    * Crawler Toolbar, for Firefox 3.0a1 and newer. Reason: high crash
volume (see bug 441649).
    * Daemon Tools Toolbar, versions older than 1.0.0.5, for all
applications. Reason: high crash volume (see bug 459850).
    * AVG SafeSearch, versions older than 8.5, for all applications.
Reason: high crash volume and stability issues (see bug 527135).
    * Enigmail, versions older than 0.97a, for Thunderbird 3.0pre and
newer. Reason: high crash volume and other stability issues (see bug
531047). Users should update Enigmail.
    * YSlow, version 2.0.5, for Firefox 3.5.7 and newer. Reason: high
crash volume and other stability issues (see bug 542686). Users should
update to YSlow 2.0.6.
    * Viewpoint Media Player, all versions, for Firefox 3.0 and newer.
Reason: vendor claims incompatibility with 3.0+, high crash volume and
other stability issues (see bug 539282). For more information, visit
the vendor page.
    * Java Deployment Toolkit, versions 6.0.200.0 and older. Reason:
security vulnerabilities (see bug 558584). For more information, visit
the vendor page.
    * Internet Download Manager, versions 6.9.8 and older, for Firefox
3.7a1pre and newer. Reason: high crash volume and other stability
issues (see bug 578443).

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

 [long list deleted]

 that's a long list of buggy non-mozilla software,
 are you trying to make some sort of point?

If you're going to quote my sig quote it correctly.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Its a list of software Firefox won't work with because it is poorly
written and Mozilla are not prepared to write proper code.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

why should Firefox be required to work with poorly written code.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Doesn't it bother you that an add on you have been using suddenly
is not compatible?

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

It is stuff from other parties, not Mozilla that wont work under
FF.
Just as possible that these 3rd parties did a piss poor job of their
code,
didn't check it with Firefox or wrote it for IE only.

If nothing else, Mozilla does come out and say not to use it, rather
than say nothing
and letting people (including the developers of these items) have
constant troubles
that are hard to locate the cause after using these items.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
On Sun, 20 Mar 2011 02:42:23 -0700 (PDT), kreed

have

Doesn't it bother you that an add on you have been using is suddenly
not compatible with a FF update?
Doesn't it bother you that FF will not work with some links?
It happens less often but it still happens.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
upgrade, or call a browser, and they do
the default browser.
discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against
called expert in that article claims 67 per

Gee... then I am not REALLY watching videos over https when I thoght I
was? What was I looking at, then?

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

1: you probably are looking at static content
2: it's displaying not downloading.
3: it's probably not IE displaying it.

If you offer content for download (using the header "Content-Disposition:
Attachment" etc. )  and flag it as Dynamic ( using the header "Pragma: no-cache")
and serve the page over HTTPS IE spits the dummy.

--
⚂⚃ 100% natural

Site Timeline