http://www.itnews.com.au/News/251335,ie9-a-non-event-for-most-businesses.aspx

Cheers Don...

============

--
Don McKenzie

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

What's Windows XP?  :)

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

10 years ago XP meant experimental or expensive, can't quite remember
which?????

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

businesses.aspx

What's IE? :)

--
Bill_h

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

According to some Internet Exploiter. Infinity Extreme. Insanity
Extroidinare. Or the browser I use.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Who would use that piece of crap anyway when you have Firefiox ?

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
On Tue, 15 Mar 2011 14:53:00 -0700 (PDT), kreed

month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Firefox doesn't work with some links.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Shrug, that is the ste owner's problem and not mine and yes I do include
government pages as well.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
On Wed, 16 Mar 2011 10:15:18 +1100, terryc

It is your problem when it happens to you.
Admittedly it happens less often these days.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

I can't recall seeing a site that 'required' IE for a very, very long
time (years).

I can't run it, and would never want to anyway.

Opera has a user-agent spoofing tool built-in, and I believe there's an
add-on for Firefox.

--
Usenet Improvement Project: http://twovoyagers.com/improve-usenet.org /

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Konqueror does this also, for quite a wide variety of browsers. Runs on
Windows too.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

I still use Firefox on Windows XP, Windows 7, OSX, and Solaris 10,
in spite of its minor bugs.
It is a little annoying being forced to us IE when Firefox can't
handle a link though.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
1 I don't do business with them
2. You just ring up and ask them to post it out.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html
Like your hand the links rejected you

--

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

Extremely rare for it not to work, I doubt I have had this problem in
the last year or so.
On the other hand, it depends on what sort of sites you visit, and
everyone is different.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

month:http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.htmlhttp://www.don ...

Extremely rare for it not to work, I doubt I have had this problem in
the last year or so.
On the other hand, it depends on what sort of sites you visit, and
everyone is different.

I've never had a problem with FF not opening any links. I have heard that
the only sites that have issues are those relating to some of the more
extreme fetish sites.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

That should be: some sites don't care a flying turd about Internet
standards.

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

That could be. I have a Cisco 2950 network switch with a built
in web server for settings and stats. FF ignores most of the links
from the main page so I use IE. Do you think Cisco would use
non-standard links?

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP
Of course I would think so. I work with Linksys ADSL routers which use ActiveX
for VPN - ActiveX is propertiary technology that only works with IE and only run
under Windows, it is not compatible with anything else and it is not part of any
standard. It is just Cisco's/Linksy's way of saying most of our customers are
Windows based and fuck the rest.

On the other hand I run old HP printserver that serves Java applications to web
client (browser) and it works great in Firefox. BTW that print server is very
old and probably was designed before Firefox but it was designed to adhere to
recognized standards.

Tom

Re: IE9 does not run on Windows XP

I agree kreed, but...

Users are forced to use it when micro$oft, and some other products do an
upgrade, or call a browser, and they do
actually force you into it.

If it was up to me, I would kill the thing.
There should be a law punishable by death (or worse), against apps not using the
default browser.

Perhaps direct an attack of the relentless Roddle-bot, or the recently
discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against
non-compliant authors.

I assume that xp users mustn't install the new version. After all, one so called
expert in that article claims 67 per
cent of corporate desktops are using xp.

Cheers Don...

--
Don McKenzie