Cheers Don...

============

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

What's Windows XP? :)

Reply to
Rob

10 years ago XP meant experimental or expensive, can't quite remember which?????
Reply to
SG1

Who would use that piece of crap anyway when you have Firefiox ?

Reply to
kreed

month:

Firefox doesn't work with some links.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

I agree kreed, but...

Users are forced to use it when micro$oft, and some other products do an upgrade, or call a browser, and they do actually force you into it.

If it was up to me, I would kill the thing. There should be a law punishable by death (or worse), against apps not using the default browser.

Perhaps direct an attack of the relentless Roddle-bot, or the recently discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against non-compliant authors.

I assume that xp users mustn't install the new version. After all, one so called expert in that article claims 67 per cent of corporate desktops are using xp.

Cheers Don...

======================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
Reply to
Don McKenzie

upgrade, or call a browser, and they do

the default browser.

discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against

called expert in that article claims 67 per

Firefox still has bugs that make it unusable at times.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

all,

That used to be the case... but these days I havent found anything that doesnt work that runs ok in ie... to a point that occasionally I get a page not work as expected and I cut the URL into ie and it does the same... My paranoia from years gone by has forced me into trying ie but lately I have been very happy that Firefox is as compatible as ie.

Mik

Reply to
Mick DaDik

Shrug, that is the ste owner's problem and not mine and yes I do include government pages as well.

Reply to
terryc

Or webpages are none standard? IME, FF bugs are fixed very quickly.

Reply to
terryc

month:

Like your hand the links rejected you

--
Reply to
atec77

Interestingly when you strip the microsoft browser from win7 it runs much better

--
Reply to
atec77

upgrade, or call a browser, and they do

the default browser.

discovered Godzilla Sea Monkey, against

called expert in that article claims 67 per

it must be a microsoft coder then you apologist fanboi dick

--
Reply to
atec77

I had to copy and paste a url from Firefox to IE for an insurance quote site. Firefox ignored the link but IE worked, and that is not the first time. Having said that I do use Firefox as my default browser.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

Firefox still does not work with some links, and that bug is not even acknowledged by FF promoters. FF is constantly being updated to fix bugs that are not even acknowledged. How much does Mozilla pay people to pretend to like their product?

Reply to
Barry OGrady

It is your problem when it happens to you. Admittedly it happens less often these days.

Reply to
Barry OGrady

better

I'm running w7, but if I were to strip IE out of it, what happens to apps that are looking for IE?

Like Mick, I usually try IE, if FF appears to have a problem, but generally don't find any real difference.

And when I wack web pages together, I always test on both FF and IE, and anyone who doesn't, is asking for future problems.

Been doing this since I was in short pants. :-)

Cheers Don...

==================

--
Don McKenzie

Site Map:            http://www.dontronics.com/sitemap
Web Camera Page:     http://www.dontronics.com/webcam
No More Damn Spam:   http://www.dontronics.com/spam

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/minus-5-every-month.html
http://www.dontronics-shop.com/ics.html

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects?
"I'd buy that for a Dollar!".
Reply to
Don McKenzie

like ? no problems so far although the updates are a little slow it still works

I build the web pages using a non microsoft product and frankly if IE falls over tough

I did once but no longer give a s**te reliase this win7 machine is a virtual and about the closest I get to using their product

--
Reply to
atec77

I don't ever recall ever paying Mozilla anything for anything, and I love tbird and ff.

Is this a trick question Barry?

Cheers Don...

=========================

-- Don McKenzie

Site Map:

E-Mail Contact Page:
Web Camera Page:
No More Damn Spam:

These products will reduce in price by 5% every month:

Bare Proto PCB for PIC or AVR projects? "I'd buy that for a Dollar!".

Reply to
Don McKenzie

:-)

I honestly haven't done a list, but Microsoft updates do at times, and I know many posters could come up with a list. Many "about" links also goto IE.

I know I get slightly pissed off when I magically jump to IE at times.

their product

OK, I am running the other way, w7pro with virtual xp. works for me.

BTW what ever happened to the simple old: ========= READY >RUN_ =========

Cheers Don...