IC Info

Looking for the pinout details for an obsolete (?) IC - MC14410, DTMF
encoder (Motorola I believe).  Yes, I've tried Google and several datasheet
sites, with no luck.  I only need the pin designations not the whole
datasheet, so if anyone can help by posting the info it'd be much
appreciated.

Also, anyone know what DTMF encoder/generator chips are out there these
days?  I've looked in WES and Jaycar cats for several of the common IC's but
the 14410 seems to be the only one listed in WES, and it needs a 1MHz xtal
rather than the 3.5795MHz commonly available and used by the other
encoders....

TIA

Re: IC Info

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 17:46:51 +1000, "Martin, VK2UMJ"

In the common variety stuff there is the 8870 decoder and the 8880
encoder/decoder using 3.579MHz. Consumer Microcircuits (CML) do some
exotic units, aimed at the two way radio market, that will handel
DTMF.

I just bought some surface mount 8870s - beware though the MOQ was 840
ICs!  It looks as if Farnell and RS both do the 8870 but not the 8880.

Alan

Jenal Communications
Re: IC Info

Thanks Alan - I seem to be able to find no end of decoders, but the
encoder/generator IC's are a tad harder, especially like the 8880 that work
with the common 3.579meg xtal....  I'll keep searching and add the 8880 to
my list!

Cheers

Re: IC Info

On Sun, 10 Apr 2005 21:08:34 +1000, "Martin, VK2UMJ"

How many encoders are you after??

I have some PCB's with Sharp LR4087B encoders on them (and a 3.579MHz
xtal).  If you only need one let me know and I will stick one in the
post for you with a diagram.  The board already functions as a
generator and has a 5v reg on it as well.

Alan
Contact details in sig below

Jenal Communications
Re: IC Info

[SNIP]

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that, I have sent you a message via your site.  I was primarily
after just one for my setup but would also like to find out other
info/availability for others, but this is less important at this stage.

Cheers

Re: IC Info

Hi,
14410P pinnout
1: NC
2: LBout
3: R1
4: R2
5: R3
6: R4
7: TPA
8: VSS
9: OSCin
10: OSCout
11: C4
12: C3
13: C2
14: C1
15: HBout
16 VDD

Greg

datasheet
but

Re: IC Info

Thanks for that Greg, couldn't find the damn info myself!!!

Muchly appreciated!

Re: IC Info

datasheet
but
RS (and therefore by default Farnell) have a few:
RS 436-8293 and 378-3152 (the former a Philips part).

Ken

Re: IC Info

Thanks, but it seems these ones need a tad more circuitry than some of those
others that have a direct input from a keypad to give a tone out (from what
I could see of the 3312 datasheet)...

Trying to keep things very simple and inexpensive, hence the desire (if
possible) to use an encoder chip that has the row/column direct input from a
DTMF type keypad, and also uses the commonly available 3.5795MHz xtal...

Cheers

Re: IC Info

Philips have the PCD3311/2 which looks like it'd do the trick. Adilam are
distributors so you could try your luck.

Cheers.

Ken

Re: IC Info

http://alldatasheet.com/datasheet-pdf/view/MOTOROLA/MC144110.html