IC Info

Looking for the pinout details for an obsolete (?) IC - MC14410, DTMF encoder (Motorola I believe). Yes, I've tried Google and several datasheet sites, with no luck. I only need the pin designations not the whole datasheet, so if anyone can help by posting the info it'd be much appreciated.

Also, anyone know what DTMF encoder/generator chips are out there these days? I've looked in WES and Jaycar cats for several of the common IC's but the 14410 seems to be the only one listed in WES, and it needs a 1MHz xtal rather than the 3.5795MHz commonly available and used by the other encoders....

TIA

Reply to
Martin, VK2UMJ

In the common variety stuff there is the 8870 decoder and the 8880 encoder/decoder using 3.579MHz. Consumer Microcircuits (CML) do some exotic units, aimed at the two way radio market, that will handel DTMF.

I just bought some surface mount 8870s - beware though the MOQ was 840 ICs! It looks as if Farnell and RS both do the 8870 but not the 8880.

Alan

Jenal Communications
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Alan

Hi,

14410P pinnout 1: NC 2: LBout 3: R1 4: R2 5: R3 6: R4 7: TPA 8: VSS 9: OSCin 10: OSCout 11: C4 12: C3 13: C2 14: C1 15: HBout 16 VDD

Greg

datasheet

but

Reply to
gcd

datasheet

but

RS (and therefore by default Farnell) have a few: RS 436-8293 and 378-3152 (the former a Philips part).

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Thanks for that Greg, couldn't find the damn info myself!!!

Muchly appreciated!

Reply to
Martin, VK2UMJ

Thanks Alan - I seem to be able to find no end of decoders, but the encoder/generator IC's are a tad harder, especially like the 8880 that work with the common 3.579meg xtal.... I'll keep searching and add the 8880 to my list!

Martin, VK2UMJ

Thanks, but it seems these ones need a tad more circuitry than some of those others that have a direct input from a keypad to give a tone out (from what I could see of the 3312 datasheet)...

Trying to keep things very simple and inexpensive, hence the desire (if possible) to use an encoder chip that has the row/column direct input from a DTMF type keypad, and also uses the commonly available 3.5795MHz xtal...

Martin, VK2UMJ

Caliban

Sorry wrong one.

Reply to
Caliban

How many encoders are you after??

I have some PCB's with Sharp LR4087B encoders on them (and a 3.579MHz xtal). If you only need one let me know and I will stick one in the post for you with a diagram. The board already functions as a generator and has a 5v reg on it as well.

Alan Contact details in sig below

Jenal Communications
 Click to see the full signature
Reply to
Alan

datasheet

but

Lord Garth

Philips have the PCD3311/2 which looks like it'd do the trick. Adilam are distributors so you could try your luck.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

[SNIP]

Hi Alan,

Thanks for that, I have sent you a message via your site. I was primarily after just one for my setup but would also like to find out other info/availability for others, but this is less important at this stage.

Martin, VK2UMJ