I've had neough of Doof Doof - Page 3

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

Itching powder in the air intake of the a/c ;)

Adam

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

They might be stupid and they obviously have no ear for music and they
obviously don't have any regard for their neighbours.
But I bet they will come up with something worse than any revenge you try.

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

I like the Itching powder idea.......

But you are prolly right about the revenge thing as they
sound a bit dodgy

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

I would say a transient spike would kill the doof doof

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

Like a Small EMF Bomb...
Directional of cause so it wont take out the whole neighbourhood..

That would shut them down..

:>

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

I'm rather shocked, if not amused, that all the responses to this thread
seem to condone rather silly pranks as the solution to your problem.

I can sympathise with your plight, but anyone with a remote understanding of
human nature would realize that revenge is not going to achieve anything,
let alone your objective of a peaceful nights sleep.

Does anyone here seriously think a few loud noises or nasty smells will make
these guys stop? Far from it. Attack them and you can be sure they'll do
even worse back to you. Sinking down to their level, or, if you follow some
of the advice on offer here, even lower than their behaviour, will only
result in an escalating feud likely to end with a molotov cocktail, assault
charges, or both of you being forced to move by your other neighbours.

Have you tried diplomacy? Try reasoning with them. Explain, as you have done
here, that you don't mind them having the odd party, but that you do need to
be able to sleep at a reasonable hour. Don't threaten, and don't tell them
you'll call the police. Say please. Try that.

Now, I'm not saying it will work. In fact, the chances are probably slim
that it will. But it stands a far better chance of success than childish
pranks, which stand an exactly ZERO percent chance of success, and a HUNDRED
percent chance of making the problem worse.

If diplomacy fails then at least you can continure to complain to the
council and police in good conscience. Take the high road.

Lionel...

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

Tried that

They had it cranked up pretty early one night, i went over and teenage
kids answered the door, asked them if they mind turning it down a few
decibles till i get the kids settled.

I went back home and heard the kids out in the backyard telling their
dad, and his reply was "turn it up louder"

so thats the type of father figure he is.

Ended up i did call the cops that night, and they just did a drive-by
and left again. Next thing i know i had the mother over banging on my
door about "how dare i call the cops" (she was pissed as a fart)
Ended up i had her backing across the lawn threating to shove my fist
down her throat for the abuse she gave me. Havn't spoke to them since, i
just ring the cops from now on ....

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

done
need to
them

I have a solution , offer her a slab a month for free , conditional on the
music stopping .

This will encourage her to stop her kids as she gets pissed for free .

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

One thing worth a try is writing to the council instead of phoning.

Written complaints with a paper record are (mostly) treated with a bit
more care than a verbal report.

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

report them to the cops for drug use too - odds on they are, and that
might land them in a whole lot of shit. especially when you mention the
large numbers of different cars turning up....

Cheers
Terry

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

Or even say three's a funny smell at that house
and you think it's a meth lab......

Re: I've had neough of Doof Doof

Or hydro setup with lights blairing at all hours