I love these stories:

Man Shoots Wife Dead Trying To Install TV

Updated:11:45, Thursday March 27, 2008 A man who tried to use a gun to install a satellite television system ended up shooting his wife dead by accident. The correct way to install dish

Ronald Long tried to make a hole in the exterior wall of his house in Missouri, US, to install the dish for the system.

After several unsuccessful attempts, he got a .22-calibre handgun and blasted two holes in the wall.

The second bullet hit his wife, Patsy, in the chest, fatally wounding her.

She was standing outside the house at the time, but Long reportedly thought she was inside.

Officials are now trying to determine whether to file charges against him.

Sheriff's Department spokesman Major Robert Hills said a person involved in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was up to the prosecutor.

"Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to press criminal charges," he said.

Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

Because, like, putting a couple of tiny .22 calibre holes in plasterboard is

*really* going to help with the installation, right?

Jesus :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

the "Homer Simpson" effect :-)

Don Hirschberg
Reply to
Atheist Chaplain

I'm thinking he knew exactly what was going on but needed an excuse for shooting his wife.

Reply to
XR8 Sprintless

Might be that american creed at work: if all else fails, or if it confuses you - shoot it.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg
Reply to

What I really wanna know now is if he's now enjoying watching his satellite TV or not?

Or-

Get his name and number, and ring him up, telemarketer style, as an antenna installer business...

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg
Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

d is

Sadly yes, the septics do tend to have a real thing over the carrying use of weapons. This right to bear arms is really a croc almost as their idolatry of the flag .

Strange cattle "some" of those yanks

Reply to
Pit

Luckily he missed the banjo sitting on the porch.

HR

Reply to
HeadRush

Don't think they have banjos in america??

9" most certainly...
--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg
Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

Yeah, the flag 'thing' over there is something I find genuinely disturbing, seriously. It sounds like an exaggeration, but its a bizarre blend of quasi-fascism/imperialism, the way they have the flag everywhere. Spooky.

I'm not sure what the message is that they're trying to convey? If a country is so great and wonderful - it'll be self-evident, would it not? So why do they continually need to reassure themselves (or others) of that 'fact'? Are they that insecure, or what are they trying to prove

- and to whom?

Mind you, I've noticed its starting to happen here as well in the past couple of years.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg
Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

Insecurity causes that.

I find it amazingly ironic that the Chinese made flags were out in full force this last Australia and all the while our cultural identity is shifting more and more towards Americanisation.

Reply to
Klokmeester

Whenever I see a flag like that, either in someone's front yard or draped over some yob's shoulders, I just think they've got no clue what it means to be Australian, rather, to save thinking about it, they've just imported some sad, empty US version of "patriotism", which in itself is a questionable ideal (and reality).

Reply to
Russ

Australia Day this year - there were fuckwits tooling around the Illawarra with flags approx. 6ftx4ft strapped to CB antennas or to pipes strapped to their bullbars... Whats the bet the cops never pulled them over either?

Other mongoloids in old Commodores with similar sized flags but with the passenger waving it out the window.

This seemed to have started (from what I can tell) last year - but really took off this year.

Not to mention shitloads of more sensible sized flags of course - far more than in previous years. Many of these boneheads still have them on their cars to this day... these are probably the same idiots who kept their giant plastic red nose on the grille until the U.V light did it's thing.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg
Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

Agreed. If you're proud - great, DO something constructive instead of trying to prove it with shallow motives.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg
Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

Shit, that takes me back.

Whatever happened to those things?

Andy.

--
The Usenet Improvement Project  |  http://improve-usenet.org/
Reply to

They're all dead now? I'd say its just a case of everyone got compassion fatigue for this particular cause and moved onto other more fashionable causes.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg
Reply to
=?ISO-8859-1?Q?Je=DFus?=

You've obviously conducted surveys and studied this very closely :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

How do you *know* this?

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy

FFS Noddy, open your eyes and ears.

Reply to
Klokmeester

Jesus :)

You blokes need to let go of your wangs for a few minutes so a bit of blood can get through to the end :)

-- Regards, Noddy.

Reply to
Noddy