I love these stories:

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30200-1310857,00.html

Man Shoots Wife Dead Trying To Install TV

Updated:11:45, Thursday March 27, 2008
A man who tried to use a gun to install a satellite television system
ended up shooting his wife dead by accident.
The correct way to install dish

Ronald Long tried to make a hole in the exterior wall of his house in
Missouri, US, to install the dish for the system.

After several unsuccessful attempts, he got a .22-calibre handgun and
blasted two holes in the wall.

The second bullet hit his wife, Patsy, in the chest, fatally wounding her.

She was standing outside the house at the time, but Long reportedly
thought she was inside.

Officials are now trying to determine whether to file charges against him.

Sheriff's Department spokesman Major Robert Hills said a person involved
in such a case normally would be charged with manslaughter, but that was
up to the prosecutor.

"Once we complete a diagram of the incident, we will be submitting
everything to the prosecuting attorney and let him decide if he wants to
press criminal charges," he said.

Re: I love these stories:

Because, like, putting a couple of tiny .22 calibre holes in plasterboard is
*really* going to help with the installation, right?

Jesus :)

Noddy.

Re: I love these stories:

I'm thinking he knew exactly what was going on but needed an excuse for
shooting his wife.

Re: I love these stories:

Luckily he missed the banjo sitting on the porch.

HR

Re: I love these stories:

Don't think they have banjos in america??

9" most certainly...

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg

Re: I love these stories:

Might be that american creed at work: if all else fails, or if it
confuses you - shoot it.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg

Re: I love these stories:

Sadly yes, the septics do tend to have a real thing over the carrying
use of weapons.
This right to bear arms is really a croc  almost as their idolatry of
the flag .

Strange cattle  "some" of those yanks

Re: I love these stories:

Yeah, the flag 'thing' over there is something I find genuinely
disturbing, seriously.
It sounds like an exaggeration, but its a bizarre blend of
quasi-fascism/imperialism, the way they have the flag everywhere. Spooky.

I'm not sure what the message is that they're trying to convey?
If a country is so great and wonderful - it'll be self-evident, would it
not? So why do they continually need to reassure themselves (or others)
of that 'fact'? Are they that insecure, or what are they trying to prove
- and to whom?

Mind you, I've noticed its starting to happen here as well in the past
couple of years.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg

Re: I love these stories:

Insecurity causes that.

I find it amazingly ironic that the Chinese made flags were out in full
force this last Australia and all the while our cultural identity is
shifting more and more towards Americanisation.

Re: I love these stories:

Australia Day this year - there were fuckwits tooling around the
Illawarra with flags approx. 6ftx4ft strapped to CB antennas or to pipes
strapped to their bullbars... Whats the bet the cops never pulled them
over either?

Other mongoloids in old Commodores with similar sized flags but with the
passenger waving it out the window.

This seemed to have started (from what I can tell) last year - but
really took off this year.

Not to mention shitloads of more sensible sized flags of course - far
more than in previous years.
Many of these boneheads still have them on their cars to this day...
these are probably the same idiots who kept their giant plastic red nose
on the grille until the U.V light did it's thing.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg

Re: I love these stories:

Shit, that takes me back.

Whatever happened to those things?

Andy.
--
The Usenet Improvement Project  |  http://improve-usenet.org /

Re: I love these stories:

They're all dead now?
I'd say its just a case of everyone got compassion fatigue for this
particular cause and moved onto other more fashionable causes.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg

Re: I love these stories:

Whenever I see a flag like that, either in someone's front yard or draped
over some yob's shoulders, I just think they've got no clue what it means to
be Australian, rather, to save thinking about it, they've just imported some
sad, empty US version of "patriotism", which in itself is a questionable
ideal (and reality).

Re: I love these stories:

Agreed. If you're proud - great, DO something constructive instead of
trying to prove it with shallow motives.

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg

Re: I love these stories:

You've obviously conducted surveys and studied this very closely :)

Noddy.

Re: I love these stories:

Oh, its all scientifically proven of course!

--
http://fun.drno.de/pics/english/rooftops.jpg

Re: I love these stories:

Yeah, I thought so.

Ignorance is a fantastic tool, huh? :)

Noddy.

Re: I love these stories:

How do you *know* this?

Noddy.

Re: I love these stories:

FFS Noddy, open your eyes and ears.

Re: I love these stories:

Hey....

Just because *I* am doesn't mean they all are :)

Noddy.

Site Timeline