I have made a fool of myself

An eleven-year-old neighbour asked me some questions about electronics, and
I pointed him at aus.electronics, as one does.
A couple of days later his mother fell on me like a ton of bricks, and it is
easy to see why. He had tuned in to the newsgroup in the middle of one of
those childish, foul-mouthed, repetetive exchanges between the resident
psychopaths. I had forgotten how those posters have made the newsgroup all
but uninhabitable by decent people because they have long been filtered on
my machine and sent to an electronic limbo before I ever see any posts. What
I saw on my neighbour's machine was pretty awful. He and his mother are now
both a little wary of any kind of newsgroup, and, I fear, a little wary of
me.

Re: I have made a fool of myself

"T.T."

**  One does not do that with an 11 year old .

     NGs are  NOT  kindergartens !!

** That demonstrates the utter folly of using the killfile - same as burying
your head in the sand or crossing the road with your eyes shut. What a  fool
you are T.T.

Go have a look at  "aus.tv"  or  "aus.legal"  if you want to see far worse
the here.

One of the regular posters on "aus.tv " is a convicted criminal & self
confessed schizophrenic -  the famous Dick Smith Foods poison extortioner -
goes under the name of  " I-Ierc " .

.........   Phil

Re: I have made a fool of myself

Even an idiot like you should know not point a kid at an unmoderated NG or
forum. Your post seems to point the blame at one person when in fact many
use foul childish language, including yourself.  As this is a free country,
grow up and get used to it.

Re: I have made a fool of myself

HTML based forums are generally a lot cleaner, it's probably worth directing
him to one of those.

Michael

Re: I have made a fool of myself

Yeah even Farmer's use this group

Re: I have made a fool of myself

I dont know about this modern sterile PC world, and school system, but
I can remember at that age (11) hearing plenty of foul language, dirty
jokes etc at school.
When this kid ends up in the real world, (if it still exists?) and
real life, especially in the trades its a bit hard not to hear foul
language at least sometimes. Its just a fact of life.
To whine about it - to me  its a bit like wanting to be a plumber and
then getting all upset when you happen to see a turd.
now
If that is the case, then both of them arent the sort of people I
would want to associate with.
In fact, with all the pedophile paranoia around these days in the
media etc, I would strongly advise that you (or any other male) think
twice and think very carefully before even talking to, or being
anywhere unsupervised with someone underage.

Re: I have made a fool of myself

So, being a father is not pc ?  Happy Fathers Day (you pedophiles) ?
The assumption that any male who gets along well with children must have
ulterior motives is NOT  supported by anything other than media induced
crap. The feminization of the teaching profession has seen role models for
males thin on the ground within our schools. The results are not a plus for
any society.
Unfortunately women also abuse children. Should they  "think twice and think
very carefully before even talking to, or being anywhere unsupervised with
someone underage. ?"

Re: I have made a fool of myself

On Sun, 4 Sep 2005 11:00:36 +1000, "Jim" <jimshire1_no

I agree with you fully,
I was simply stating that "this is just how things are in modern
australia"  NOT that they are right.

Re: I have made a fool of myself

Yes, sorry. It appears that I am as bad as the other mob, I jumped in feet
first without really thinking.
Off the soapbox now, I'll  go and hide in my kid free zone again :))

Re: Indentity Thief on Loose

Shocking!! Appalling!! I'll stamp both my little feet about it!!!

......  Phillip the good

Site Timeline