I have finally decided to buy Agent

Phil Mark and Allan have convinced me into buying it just for the kill filter.

Reply to
The Real Andy

OE and Firefox also kill-file.

Cheers.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

Whoops, that should have been Thunderbird, not Firefox.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

"The Real Andy"

** Get it to kill you then.

....... Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

On 2006-05-02, The Real Andy (aka Bruce) was almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea:

I'm just wondering who and what to killfile.

--
TimC
"Thanks to the joint efforts of OpenOffice, Mozilla, and a few others, Emacs

The first candidate is obvious, but unfortunately you still see his unpleasantness when idiots reply to his posts.

Reply to
Poxy

Actually, with the exception of a couple of current threads (in which no-one has covered themselves with glory) I haven't had a need to have anyone in the kill-file since I swapped to Thunderbird and lost the OE kill-file. "Ignore Thread" has become the preferred weapon.

Ken

Reply to
Ken Taylor

You're right Andy, I should know better by now. Ken's right though, Thunderbird has more than adequate filters to do the job.

Reply to
Mark Harriss

I use Thunderbird, but what I want (that it doesn't seem to do) is that when I (K)ill a thread, I never see that thread again in later sessions. Is there a way to do that with T-bird?

Reply to
Clifford Heath

I use it too but I think it needs a more fine-grained method of ignoring a thread. Very often a perfectly interesting thread is sidetracked into an abusive exchange of posts. I have asked Forte if they would add a method of just ignoring the sub-thread. If you agree perhaps you could ask them too.

Reply to
David Segall

I guessed as much. But I prefer agent as it does all the nice things i like in a news reader.

What i need is one that does all the super smart spell correction yet does not reformat whilst at the same time discarding all html and java etc!!

Thats ok, I hate those anyway!!

Reply to
The Real Andy

Done and dusted. Agent purchased. Kill filters have begun.

Reply to
The Real Andy

While you're at it, get Mailwasher as well. Filters emails at the server.

Reply to
dmm