I have finally decided to buy Agent

Phil Mark and Allan have convinced me into buying it just for the kill
filter.

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

OE and Firefox also kill-file.

Cheers.

Ken

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

Whoops, that should have been Thunderbird, not Firefox.

Ken

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

I guessed as much. But I prefer agent as it does all the nice things i
like in a news reader.

What i need is one that does all the super smart spell correction yet
does not reformat whilst at the same time discarding all html and java
etc!!

Thats ok, I hate those anyway!!

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

On Wed, 03 May 2006 18:13:15 +1000, The Real Andy

Done and dusted. Agent purchased. Kill filters have begun.

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

On Wed, 03 May 2006 18:33:46 +1000, The Real Andy

While you're at it, get Mailwasher as well. Filters emails at the server.

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

"The Real Andy"

 **  Get it to kill you then.

.......   Phil

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

On 2006-05-02, The Real Andy (aka Bruce)

I'm just wondering who and what to killfile.

--
TimC
"Thanks to the joint efforts of OpenOffice, Mozilla, and a few others, Emacs

The first candidate is obvious, but unfortunately you still see his
unpleasantness when idiots reply to his posts.

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

Actually, with the exception of a couple of current threads (in which
no-one has covered themselves with glory) I haven't had a need to have
anyone in the kill-file since I swapped to Thunderbird and lost the OE
kill-file. "Ignore Thread" has become the preferred weapon.

Ken

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

You're right Andy, I should know better by now. Ken's right
though, Thunderbird has more than adequate filters to do the
job.

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

I use Thunderbird, but what I want (that it doesn't seem to do)
is that when I (K)ill a thread, I never see that thread again
in later sessions. Is there a way to do that with T-bird?

Re: I have finally decided to buy Agent

I use it too but I think it needs a more fine-grained method of
ignoring a thread. Very often a perfectly interesting thread is
sidetracked into an abusive exchange of posts. I have asked Forte if
they would add a method of just ignoring the sub-thread. If you agree
perhaps you could ask them too.

Site Timeline