I give in

It was not the greens that sold the power off but it is the green
inclined existing government that is running  the existing renewable
dependent power grid now.

Re: I give in

SA needs to install some diesel generator plant.

Sylvia.

Re: I give in

** No they don't.

They may need to build a couple of natural gas plants - the kind that use turbines and not simply boil water.

Thermal efficiencies of 60% are possible with 500MW turbines.

They are ideal for peak loads use too.

....   Phil

Re: I give in

It's entirely a matter of the period during which they're expected to
run. You don't build expensive plant that runs only hours per year, just
to save on fuel. You build cheap plant, even though it uses more fuel,
because you come out ahead economically.

Sylvia.

Re: I give in

While the planet slowly dies... Oh well perhaps they can buy a new one with
the money saved?

WTF is this shite doing in aus.electronics anyway?
--
Shaun.

Re: I give in
Mainly because there is no purely electrical news group so people tend
to lump anything electric into one group which is a better idea anyway
Electricity is electricity no matter how it is used

Re: I give in

I didn't see very much at all to do with electric anything (and I read far
too long looking...).

To me it smacked of politiking - I saw that the first part of the thread was
in fact xposted to aus.politics. That's where it should have stayed IMHO.
Otherwise why did you call the thread "SA Greenies"?

Cheers,
--
Shaun.