how to use phone that only takes incoming calls

I am staying somewhere where there is a phone that only takes incoming
calls.  Even if I try a 1800 number it immediately says "number not
available from this service" or words to that effect.

How can I use this phone to check the voicemail on my mobile which I don't
have on me?  I would want to somehow have something call that fixed line
phone and put me though to the voicemail system of my mobile.  It's either
that or I walk the half mile to the nearest phone box.

Site Timeline