How to turn off sound on Simpson Eziset 550 washing machine?

Hello all,

We have the above model Simpson washing machine and would like to be able to
turn off the sound which indicates it's finished washing etc.  It's annoying
and means that the washer can't be set overnight because the noise wakes us.

Any help would be appreciated.

Many thanks in advance.

Re: How to turn off sound on Simpson Eziset 550 washing machine?

We had a microwave oven that was too loud once, and we didn't want
to shut it up completely. I opened it, found the piezo speaker, and
applied a blob of Blu-Tac (poster adhesive). Problem solved.

If you want silence, pull off the connector or cut the wires.

Re: How to turn off sound on Simpson Eziset 550 washing machine?

Thanks for the reply - I thought about doing that but didn't know where I
stood in regard to warranty. I thought there may have been a button
combination.

Re: How to turn off sound on Simpson Eziset 550 washing machine?

    Maybe if you call Simpson (not Leo) on 1300 363 640 someone there
might be able to tell you how to do it. :)

Bob

Re: How to turn off sound on Simpson Eziset 550 washing machine?

Hopefully there's a magic key sequence that they're willing to
divulge. When I was younger and hanging around my mum's work during
school holidays I thought that their new photocopier was awesome: it
played a selection of classical music (in pleasant square wave
monophonic tones) while it warmed up. How cool was that? The workers
there had other ideas so they called out a tech to disable it. Being
an inquisitive kid I was trying to watch what he was pressing, but he
thwarted my attempt by resting his elbow next to the keypad!

Site Timeline