How to find out the height and speed of the RC planes?

When I first bought my townhouse, I thought the huge park behind was good. Three days after I moved in, I realized it was a testing ground of the RC plane fans. Tens of noisy planes hover arround the area every weekend.

Now for a mental exercise, I have decided to design a RCPlaneHunter to bring them down or destroy them in the sky.

First idea:

A device installed on my kid's 4wheeler, which contains a digcam censor, a powerful uP with some field programmable gate array chips, an air rifle which can shoot a plastic bullet 200 meters, plus some sensors yet to find out. My electronics will detect the speed, direction and height of the plane, determine the firing angle and time of my rifle and fire.

What are the algorithms to calculate the speed, direction and height of the plane?

Any new ideas are also welcome.

Reply to
Sea Squid

**Ask you local council to tell them to stop (assuming it is against council regulations). Few parks (in Australia) allow RC control planes to be operated. If you must use the technological approach, then build a decent sized transmitter (which will be illegal, of course) and jam the RC frequencies.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Yes! Get into the hobby yourself! What an ideal place you have, a flying field at your backyard. Bloody Marvellous!

I used to travel 2 hours each way to my clubs fling field years ago. Boy! what luck you have!

I learned a lot building some of my own radio control gear decades ago. Great hobby!

Regards, John Crighton Hornsby

Reply to
John Crighton

Maybe you should have done a bit more research before you made the biggest investment of your life.

What makes you think you have the right to destroy other peoples property because you were to stupid to research a property before buying it? Also, what sort of idiot would use an air rifle when the planes can be brought down with RF?

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

the

the

There can be only one victor in such an air war, and it can't be you. Legally and morally you are in the wrong. But it could fix your problem as you may have to sell the property to pay for the ensueing court case. A wiser person might examine the legal alternatives.

Cheers Jim

Reply to
Jim

I said this would be mind game! Let's restrict our discussion to physics, electronics and mechanics, leave legal matters to other forums. I am able to program all kinds of discrete logic and microprocessors, but my physics and common knowledge is lack.

I am thinking about the airwar idea, but I may not actually do it. ;)

the

the

Reply to
Sea Squid

Let me put this as politically correct as i can

YOU WANKER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You bought a house without checking on the landuse around it??? Hello?????

You can check with he council to see if they have permission to be there. If they do then the problem is yours for not doing your homework. If they dont you could be a prick and have them moved on by making a complaint.

Your suggestions are among the most criminally stupid i have read on this list. Thats no mean feat considering how shallow the gene pool gets for some of our contributors.

You plan to turn a safely controlled model aircraft into an uncontrollable missile weighing anyhere from 2.5 to 7.5 kilos on average at speeds of 100 to 160 kmh. Do that and one is just as likely to end up in the wall of your new house or into your kid's cubby house. What does your physics skills tell you about the impact energy involved?

You're going to head into a public place with a firearm with intent to destroy private property? I hope the cops nail your arse good.

Riding unregistered and uninsured vehicle on parkland.

Carrying loaded firearm in public

Discharging a firearm in public place

Conspiracy to commit firearms offences ( you could get a charge just from this posting which I haven't yet decided whether to forward to relevant authorities or not)

Destruction of private property

and a whole range of DOC offences as well

Your genes didnt make it to the pool did they ???? It's ok, we understand......... no really we do.

Reply to
kaselectremovethespamblock

Sigh . whoosh

Reply to
UhU

What the hell is that supposed to mean??

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

Simple answer is a sweep gen and an rf module to boost it with a directional aerial

Reply to
UhU

Three of you wish the comprehension level of a slug ( thats phill) whoosh kiddies whoosh

Reply to
UhU

** Think about it.....

.............. Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

No, sorry, thinking about it hasn't helped my understanding of the comment. I understand sigh, it's the whoosh part I don't get. Sorry if I may sound stupid but I am not familiar with this jargon.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

"Matthew Gunn"

** I have no idea what UhU meant either - except that the cretin is a rabid f****it.
** The "woosh" is the sound of an imaginary missile going over your head.

The phrase is used by utter fools trying to pretend they have brilliant ideas.

** It is the jargon of the utterly stupid.

............ Phil

Reply to
Phil Allison

OK, now it makes more sense. It was never meant to make sense.

Matthew

Reply to
Matthew Gunn

No we wish you would stop sniffing glue and learn to communicate in comprehensible English.

Reply to
Caliban

There is no thread that doesn't go astray.

Reply to
Sea Squid

Your posting is the biggest lot of crap i have heard. It is dickheads like you who buy apartments near luna park and then complain about the noise of people having fun. Whats next oh no, a family having a picnic MMmmm they might make too much noise ok i should shoot them. Meanwhile here you are with a retarted idea of shooting rc planes out of the air with an air rifle. I can see it now a four wheeler roaring around the park blasting planes out of the sky.

What do you think would happen then.You hit one and it will just fall out of the sky.No likley when the could be travelling at up to 160kph. What would a dog fingerer like you do if one crashed into a family, kids etc. I suppose you would say" dunno how that happened.Should not have done that." Have you considered the trajectory of the bullet once it hits the plane.I dont think it will just stop still. I have had a gutsful of you doogooding bastards .Maybe you should shoot yourself and do us all a favour. Just a thought.As the four wheeler is roaring around the park doing the mobile rambo thing the owners could direct all their planes towards your windows.Kill two birds with the one bullet. :-) Sorry

Reply to
valiumboy

So I take it you also don't believe that the USA will be able to build their ballistic missile shield (starwars or son of starwars)? {:-).

Reply to
Terry Collins

out

Reply to